midi input on linux not working

Stefan Thomas

May 28, 2024, 3:46:15 PMMay 28
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Dear community,
a few days ago I had no problems with inputting pitches with a midi keyboard, but today, it doesn't work any more.
I have version 3.2.
Another strange thing is, when I go to Edit-Preferences-Midi Settings I read the message "Note: there are no midi outputs available on your system. To use midi, please check if PortMidi is installed on Your system and that a Midi-synthesizer is available or connected"
But I've installed libportmidi0 installed on my system and I have also a midi keyboard connected:
aconnect -i
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
   0 'Timer           '
   1 'Announce        '
client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
   0 'Midi Through Port-0'
client 16: 'Scarlett 2i4 USB' [type=kernel,card=0]
   0 'Scarlett 2i4 USB MIDI 1'
client 20: 'i2 mini 32' [type=kernel,card=1]
   0 'i2 mini 32 MIDI 1'

What can I do?
Thanks for your help,
Stefan

Federico Bruni

May 29, 2024, 2:46:30 AMMay 29
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Please paste the various versions you see in About\Frescobaldi.

--
Frescobaldi homepage: http://www.frescobaldi.org/

Stefan Thomas

May 29, 2024, 3:21:53 AMMay 29
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Frederico,
Do you mean that:
Frescobaldi: 3.2
Extension API: 0.9.0
Python: 3.10.12
python-ly: 0.9.7
Qt: 5.15.2
PyQt: 5.15.10
sip: 6.7.12
qpageview: 0.6.2
poppler: 22.2.0
python-poppler-qt: 0.75.0
OS: Linux-6.5.0-35-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35

Federico Bruni

May 29, 2024, 7:48:11 AMMay 29
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Il giorno mar 28 mag 2024 alle 21:46:00 +02:00:00, Stefan Thomas
<kontrapu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Another strange thing is, when I go to Edit-Preferences-Midi Settings
> I read the message "Note: there are no midi outputs available on your
> system. To use midi, please check if PortMidi is installed on Your
> system and that a Midi-synthesizer is available or connected"
> But I've installed libportmidi0 installed on my system and I have
> also a midi keyboard connected:

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/wiki/MIDI-input-on-Linux

Does it help?

Stefan Thomas