Why was the File | Save menu item removed?

Kobus Botha

Jul 21, 2020, 8:24:46 AM7/21/20
to Frescobaldi
 Can it be put back?

Knute Snortum

Jul 21, 2020, 9:41:40 AM7/21/20
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
What's the version of Frescobaldi?  What's the platform?  I'm on Frescobaldi 3.1.2, Ubuntu 20.04 and it works fine for me.

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 5:24 AM Kobus Botha <kob...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Can it be put back?

--
Frescobaldi homepage: http://www.frescobaldi.org/

Kobus Botha

Jul 21, 2020, 9:52:22 AM7/21/20
to Frescobaldi

Version 3.1.2, Windows 7.
If you click on File, the "Save (Ctrl S)" item is not there.  There is only Save> Save As, etc.
The toolbar button works fine, Ctrl S works fine.

On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 15:41:40 UTC+2, Knute Snortum wrote:
What's the version of Frescobaldi?  What's the platform?  I'm on Frescobaldi 3.1.2, Ubuntu 20.04 and it works fine for me.

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 5:24 AM Kobus Botha <kob...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Can it be put back?

--
Frescobaldi homepage: http://www.frescobaldi.org/

Knute Snortum

Jul 21, 2020, 9:58:27 AM7/21/20
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
I see what you mean now.  Yes, it's the same for me.

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frescobaldi/2ca1ca8c-2c1c-47fe-8eb4-15d1aa6ac300o%40googlegroups.com.

Urs Liska

Jul 21, 2020, 10:23:44 AM7/21/20
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Am Dienstag, den 21.07.2020, 06:58 -0700 schrieb Knute Snortum:
I see what you mean now.  Yes, it's the same for me.

If your menu isn't like this it has to be a Windows issue.
We moved everything *except* the "Save Document" entry to a submenu:

Kobus Botha

Jul 21, 2020, 12:37:02 PM7/21/20
to Frescobaldi

Kobus Botha

Jul 21, 2020, 12:39:20 PM7/21/20
to Frescobaldi
OK, thanks, I understand now.  Can close.