can't input with midi keyboard

kontrapu...@gmail.com

May 18, 2020, 1:41:40 PM5/18/20
to Frescobaldi
Dear community,
since a few days I have compiled frescobaldi, version 3.2., from source on my ubuntu machine.
Anything works quite well, but Frescobaldi doesn't "read" the input from my midi-keyboard.
Should I install additional software?
Thanks for Your help,
Stefan

Federico Bruni

Jul 7, 2020, 5:36:45 PM7/7/20
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stefan

Did you solve the problem eventually?
I've just tested master branch on my Fedora 32 machine and it works
fine.

I don't use MIDI input actually, but I have a little MIDI keyboard just
for testing purposes.
A couple of years ago I wrote a stub of a wiki page here:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/wiki/MIDI-input-on-Linux

Please read it and see if it can help you to get started.

Frescobaldi requires PortMidi for both MIDI input and playback (see the
INSTALL file in the source code).
Your python3 installation should have installed one of the modules
providing python bindings for PortMidi.
For example:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/python-pypm

Which version of Ubuntu are you using?