How to save my settings when installing a new version of frescobaldi

Reinhard Greeven

Sep 29, 2023, 10:35:12 AM9/29/23
to Frescobaldi
Hi folks,

I want to install the new release of Frescobaldi.
How can I transfer my settings of the old version to the new version to be installed ?

Best Regards
Reinhard

Jean Abou Samra

Sep 29, 2023, 10:38:13 AM9/29/23
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Le vendredi 29 septembre 2023 à 07:35 -0700, Reinhard Greeven a écrit :
I want to install the new release of Frescobaldi.
How can I transfer my settings of the old version to the new version to be installed ?

You don't have anything to do. Just install the new version and they will be kept.

signature.asc

Reinhard Greeven

Sep 30, 2023, 4:08:12 AM9/30/23
to Frescobaldi
This worked !
Thanx!

Because I'm new to the forum, I have a very basic question
How do I report errors or feature requests ?

Two examples (in my Version 3.3.0):
(1)
variables (those that start with a \) can - for example - be of format "my:var:01" = -\markup "myVar01"
and are referenced in the text as \ "my:var:01";
these variables are not shown in the variable table, which is offered during input of a variable name
(2)
command line parameters, which I added in the "Additional Command Line Options" in the custom Lilypond call dialogue,
are lost, when Frescobaldi ist closed. In the former Version 3.0.0. these entries were kept.

Any help is welcome.

Best Regards,
Reinhard

Jean Abou Samra