Object editor?

Calvin Ransom

Feb 26, 2021, 5:19:34 PM2/26/21
to Frescobaldi
Hi all,
I see that there is an object editor in the tools menu, I tried using it and it does not seem to do anything, has anyone been able to get it to work?

Calvin R

Federico Bruni

Feb 28, 2021, 1:04:16 AM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 26 2021 at 02:19:33 PM -0800, Calvin Ransom <calvin...@gmail.com> wrote:
I see that there is an object editor in the tools menu, I tried using it and it does not seem to do anything, has anyone been able to get it to work?

Object  editor? Do you mean the "Layout control Options"?
You must check at least one of the options, i.e. Display Grob Names.

It's documented in the user manual under Engraving Scores»Layout control mode.

andis.e...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2021, 5:03:46 AM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
It's an experimental feature.

I only get the the Object Editor widget, with X and Y offset. the insert offset in source button is grayed, probably because I haven't selected an object...

According to documentation
  • {object_editor} Edit properties of objects in LilyPond output

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/blob/a143e9582d10cc1bf868d6e631bb2e6c8225e044/frescobaldi_app/userguide/experimental_features.md

// Anders

--
Frescobaldi homepage: http://www.frescobaldi.org/

Knute Snortum

Feb 28, 2021, 12:04:00 PM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... I'm not seeing it in 3.1.3. Did it get removed? I'm I missing
something?

--
Knute Snortum
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frescobaldi/f7b16f6d-2da2-d562-f3a2-a8ebdeb47aa2%40gmail.com.

andis.e...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2021, 12:05:40 PM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
You need to Enable Experimental Features in Preferences - General

// Anders

Knute Snortum

Feb 28, 2021, 12:09:01 PM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
They are enabled. I'm on Linux if that matters.

Frescobaldi: 3.1.3
Extension API: 0.9.0
Python: 3.8.5
python-ly: 0.9.5
Qt: 5.12.8
PyQt: 5.14.1
sip: 4.19.21
poppler: 0.80.0
python-poppler-qt: 0.24.2
OS: Linux-5.4.0-66-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.29

--
Knute Snortum
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frescobaldi/828cec20-760b-db08-07db-aa04957fa5d9%40gmail.com.

andis.e...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2021, 12:09:57 PM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Sorry don't know anything about Linux, but I guess there will be others...

andis.e...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2021, 12:33:10 PM2/28/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
This just pop up in my mind ;-)

The Object Editor is in Tools - Coding - Object Editor or Meta Alt E
Still on Windows ...

Knute Snortum

Mar 1, 2021, 10:50:54 AM3/1/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Well what do you know! There it is! Thanks. (Now I wonder if it works.)

--
Knute Snortum
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frescobaldi/35fa1998-d3e2-5a5a-f874-2bca30a1f17e%40gmail.com.

Federico Bruni

Mar 2, 2021, 7:20:53 AM3/2/21
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I've enabled it now.
I confirm the "insert offset" button is grayed when using the music
view. If you compile the SVG output and switch to SVG editor, then
after selecting an object the button should become clickable.
You'd better change the default output to SVG format when you want to
test this feature.

However, it seems it does not recognize all objects. It works with
markups, but it doesn't for fingerings. Here's what I get:

\version "2.22.0"

{
%\once \override still testing!.extra-offset = #'(0.00 . 0.00)
c2-1 d-3

\once \override TextScript.extra-offset = #'(-0.30 . 0.75)
e^"Markup" f
}

"still testing!" error comes from here:
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/blob/master/frescobaldi_app/objecteditor/defineoffset.py#L69