More detailed reference for Loading In Process MOs

Ash

Nov 23, 2020, 7:03:03ā€ÆPM11/23/20
to frePPLe users
Is there a more detailed reference for how to load in-process manufacturing orders? I found the following, but that isn't answering my question.Ā

Currently-found reference.
https://frepple.org/docs/6.9/modeling-wizard/manufacturing-bom/manufacturing-orders.htmlĀ Ā

Situation: I have partially completed MOs. They might be 100 days into a 200 day manufacturing run, and I need to be able to tell the system that they only have 100 days remaining.

Originally I was creating new a new master "operation" for each partially completed order, but I found that once a part-number has more than 9 master operations, the system refuses to create new planned orders for that item. I assume there's a "if ... <10 then" somewhere in the code.

My assumption therefore is that I'm actually supposed to be using the default operation, and just loading the partially completed manufacturing steps into operationplanresource, but that's not working either. The system deletes everything in operationplanresource, even if I make it "confirmed".

What's the proper approach?

Johan De Taeye

Nov 24, 2020, 2:27:34ā€ÆAM11/24/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

>>Originally I was creating new a new master "operation" for each partially completed order, but I found that once a part-number has more than 9 master operations, the system refuses to create new planned orders for that item. I assume there's a "if ... <10 then" somewhere in the code.

There isnā€™t such a <10 limit. A routing operation can have any number of steps.

>>My assumption therefore is that I'm actually supposed to be using the default operation, and just loading the partially completed manufacturing steps into operationplanresource, but that's not working either. The system deletes everything in operationplanresource, even if I make it "confirmed".

I assume your model has a routing operation for each of the resources the item needs to pass over.
Eg: ā€œroutingā€ operation XĀ  has steps A, B and C to be performed in sequence.

Operation A needs certain resources, materials and time.Ā  In the owner field of the operation you set X and the priority is 1.

Operation B needs certain resources, materials and time.Ā  In the owner field of the operation you set X and the priority is 2.

Operation C needs certain resources, materials and time.Ā  In the owner field of the operation you set X and the priority is 3.

You will have 4 MO in the system for this routing: one for X, one for A, one for B and one for C.

You set the progress on the step operationplans.Ā Ā

If the MO for operation A is partially done, you pass its status in of the following ways:

-Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Status = confirmed, start date = a certain date (normally in the past), quantity = 100
-> frepple will compute the expected end date.

-Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Status = confirmed, end date = a certain date (normally in the future), quantity = 100
-> frepple will compute the expected start date.

-Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Status = confirmed, start date = a certain date, end date = a certain date, quantity = 100
-> frepple will respect both the start and end date you pass

Stay safe,

Johan De Taeye

Mob:Ā +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us atĀ https://frepple.com

Ash

Nov 24, 2020, 11:24:59ā€ÆAM11/24/20
to frePPLe users
I get it, so the duration of the partially completed manufacturing steps are defined in the manufacturing order upload file. Makes sense; no need to upload anything into operationplanresource.

Regarding the limit of 10, I wasn't referring to route-steps, I was referring to alternate routes. There appears to be a limit of 9. This isn't a problem now that I understand how to properly upload open manufacturing orders, although a warning/error-message would be useful.

Ash

Johan De Taeye

Nov 24, 2020, 11:35:31ā€ÆAM11/24/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

>>Regarding the limit of 10, I wasn't referring to route-steps, I was referring to alternate routes. There appears to be a limit of 9. This isn't a problem now that I understand how to properly upload open manufacturing orders, although a warning/error-message would be useful.

There is no such limit of 9 or 10 on the number of alternatives.