Can Frepple?

67 views
Skip to first unread message

Dmitry Oxenenko

unread,
Oct 16, 2020, 3:18:24 AM10/16/20
to frePPLe users
Hi everyone, does anyone know if Frepple is capable of handling the following scenario?

I have one operator who can only do one task/step at a time. I have 2 products with say 5 and 10 components. Both products have a wooden component called plate, but each plate is unique. However, it's ideal to produce both one after the other on the same machine in order to save 1 setup and 1 clean up which would be required if I were to make them on for example two separate days.

Can Frepple identify that although I have two different products, it would be ideal to manufacture them in "batches" based on their similar compoents? And not manufacture one product completely from start to finish and then start with the next?

Hicham Lahlou

unread,
Oct 16, 2020, 5:11:16 AM10/16/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dmitry,

 

You have 3 options to handle such a case:

 

  1. You can force the solver to produce a minimum quantity whenever you start making your plates. This is size minimum field in operation table. If you set the value to 10, frePPLe will produce a batch of 10 plates when planning the first demand requiring one plate. The following sales orders requiring that plate will then deplete the stock without triggering a manufacturing order.
  2. The enterprise edition of frePPLe has a functionality to handle this case through a setup matrix. This is quite a high-level feature where only one machine can be optimized in a supply path.
  3. For some of our customers, we implemented a customization to sort the sales orders by product family and solve them in that order. Product families usually require the same machine settings and are then planned next to each other by the solver, preventing unnecessary change-overs to happen.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Hicham Lahlou

Managing partner

hla...@frepple.com

Mobile : +33667774531

frepple-logo-noTag-signature

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "frePPLe users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to frepple-user...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frepple-users/a604766a-1b84-4c60-b0bc-86c93c113ab9n%40googlegroups.com.

Dmitry Oxenenko

unread,
Oct 16, 2020, 9:28:02 PM10/16/20
to frePPLe users
Thanks Hicham.
Message has been deleted

Dmitry Oxenenko

unread,
Oct 26, 2020, 9:04:00 AM10/26/20
to frePPLe users
I take it integration with shop floor equipment is all custom code? To things like HMI? 

Johan De Taeye

unread,
Oct 26, 2020, 9:15:58 AM10/26/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

 

Hi,

 

The shop floor control module you find on our website https://frepple.com/features/shop-floor-control/   is based on our integration with Odoo.
Odoo (https://odoo.com)  is a complete ERP with many modules to handle requirements from sales, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing, etc…

FrePPLe provides a connector that provides around 90% what is needed to integrate both systems. The remaining 10% is custom development.

 

In the upcoming releases, we are planning to improve the plan execution capabilities in frepple itself – without relying on odoo.   This will involve eg Kanban and calendar views on the plans, and functionality to receive notifications when the plan changes.

If you’re interested in collaborating with us and drive this forward as a pilot customer, we should have a chat.

 

Stay safe,

 

Johan De Taeye

Mob: +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us at https://frepple.com

Dmitry Oxenenko

unread,
Oct 27, 2020, 3:49:02 AM10/27/20
to frePPLe users
Thanks Johan, I haven't considered Odoo as an ERP solution. A 90% complete connector sounds enticing, but that would require me to evaluate a whole new ERP system, I'm already evaluating 2 others, not sure I want to add Odoo to the list at this stage.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages