load balance of MOs for the same type resources in a resource park

Alex Chen

Oct 27, 2020, 3:07:22 AM10/27/20
to frePPLe users
Hi Johan:
Is there any way to balance the loads of the resources in a resource park that meets the requirement of a MO?
for example. I want to evenly distribute the MOs on the same type resources in a resource park that MO requires so that each resource's ultilization is balanced. I have tried the penalty and cost, but neither works.
Thanks!

Johan De Taeye

Oct 27, 2020, 4:08:38 AM10/27/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

>>Is there any way to balance the loads of the resources in a resource park that meets the requirement of a MO?

>>for example. I want to evenly distribute the MOs on the same type resources in a resource park that MO requires so that each resource's ultilization is balanced. I have tried the penalty and cost, but neither works.

Some hints:

-          Fill in a dummy cost for each resource, and make sure the search mode is set to “cost + penalty” in the operation-resource and resource tables

-          Verify the search by setting the parameter “plan.loglevel” to 2, and have a look at the log file of a planning run.   You should be able to recognize sections where the algorithm is evaluating each resource.

-          This will not split a requirement over multiple lines. It will plan eg sales order A on resource 1 and sales order B on resource 2.   If you want to plan a single sales order across multiple resources, you can use the operation.size_max field to divide a large requirement across a number of smaller MO.

Johan De Taeye

Mob: +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us at https://frepple.com