Quantity of MO gets split up and in fractions

Tim Snels

Jun 7, 2021, 5:50:48 AM6/7/21
to frePPLe users
Hi, I'm fairly new to frepple so excuse me if I ask an obvious question.

I notice that a lot of the manufacturing orders are being split up in multiple MO's. Also I notice that the quantity is getting divided in fractions. eg. it shows a planned quantity of 84.70588235 which doesn't make sense as I can't make 0.7 of a part
How can I avoid this? Is there some setting to make?

Capture.PNG

Johan De Taeye

Jun 7, 2021, 6:04:44 AM6/7/21
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tim,

The fields “size_minimum” and “size_multiple” in the operation table should allow you to control this: see https://frepple.org/docs/current/model-reference/operations.php

Johan De Taeye

Mob: +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us at https://frepple.com

Tim Snels

Jun 7, 2021, 6:53:00 AM6/7/21
to frePPLe users
Hello Johan,

Thank you for the quick reply. By setting the size_multiple to 1 it seems to have solved the issue with a part being divided in a fraction.
I understand the function of the size_minimum but I can't really set a minimum quantity. It is made to order and I can get an order for 5pcs but also for 1000pcs. Is there another way to make sure MO's don't get split up so I don't loose the setuptime?

Johan De Taeye

Jun 7, 2021, 7:11:01 AM6/7/21
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tim,

>>It is made to order and I can get an order for 5pcs but also for 1000pcs. Is there another way to make sure MO's don't get split up so I don't loose the setuptime?

There are 2 measures to take to prevent this splitting:

  • Set the “minimum shipment” field in the demand table equal to the “quantity”.
    This prevents the solver from delivering a sales order partially, and force a single full delivery.

  • Set the parameter “allowsplits” to “false”.
    This prevents the solver from planning quantities that cover less than the requested quantities.

Tim Snels

Jun 7, 2021, 10:05:19 AM6/7/21
to frePPLe users
That did the trick, thanks a lot!