Byproducts and Items with no manufacturing routing/bom set

Trevor Bramwell

Sep 21, 2020, 10:59:41 AM9/21/20
to frePPLe users
Hey Johan,

We have a machined part that consumes remnants of material left over from another process.

We are going down the rabbit hole in Odoo to figure out how byproducts work and if they can be used to solve our issue. As it sits right now, with no vendor set, frepple will not plan demand due to no possible replenishment. Can frepple handle byproducts for replenishment?

Johan De Taeye

Sep 21, 2020, 11:23:50 AM9/21/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Trevor,

In your model, you can model byproducts as multiple operation-material records that produce material.

Here are the operation-material records for an operation that produces X, Y and Z:

operation

Item

Type

Quantity

Make X

End

1

Make X

End

0.2

Make X

End

0.1

For the replenishment of the product Y, you can either:

-           Don’t do anything.  If the demand for operation “make X” produces enough of the byproduct Y, there won’t be an issue. The solver will it as inventory it can consume from it.

-          Copy the operation “make X” into “make Y”.   All operation, operation-material and operation-resource records are exactly the same, except that the field “operation.item” now is set to Y.  When we run out of the byproduct, we will trigger extra production by planning the operation “make Y”.

If the copied operation “make Y” is an issue, it is possible to add a small customization that can re-use the operation “make X” to produce also the byproduct.

Regards,

Johan De Taeye

Mob: +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us at https://frepple.com

* * * * * * *    TECHNICAL DATA (ITAR) WARNING * * * * * * *

SilencerCo, LLC manufactures a variety of defense components within the meaning of the (ITAR) INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATION (22 CFR Ch 1 >Sub M > Part 120 >Section 120.6).  As such, this e-mail and any attachments may include technical data subject to the U.S. ARMS EXPORT CONTROL ACT (22 U.S.C. Section 2751), U.S. EXPORT ADMINISTRATION ACT OF 1979 (50 U.S.C. App. 2401) and/or ITAR.

The transfer, export or disclosure of technical data covered by these laws to any non U.S. citizen without a license or exemption from the U.S. Department of State is prohibited and violations may result in criminal, civil or administrative penalties.