Aurora Walk Audits for Woodland Park & Green Lake

1 view

Brock Howell

May 21, 2021, 6:26:33 PM5/21/21
to glwst...@googlegroups.com, AuroraReimag...@googlegroups.com, ARC - Aurora Reimagined Coalition, ballard-...@googlegroups.com, fremont-...@googlegroups.com, greenwood-phi...@googlegroups.com, licton-hall...@googlegroups.com
The Aurora Reimagined Coalition is hosting a set of walk audits of Aurora to identify and video-document the many safety concerns and other problems of Aurora Avenue.  This is being done segment-by-segment, mostly in a low-key way.

I will be leading a walk audit for the Woodland Park segment tomorrow (5/22) morning at 10 a.m., from 50th Street to 63rd Street (Zoo South Entrance to Green Lake Park).  Anyone can join me (and a very chill Old English Sheep Dog) by meeting me at the rose garden.  I'll be recording it to Zoom for posterity.

On Monday (5/24) at 5:30-6:30 p.m., I will also facilitate a more detailed look at the Green Lake Park segment, from the Pitch & Putt to 63rd to Winona/Aurora to Winona/GreenLakeDr.  This will not be a walk.  Instead, several volunteers will be stationed along Green Lake Park and we will broadcast the activity via zoom, as if we are TV correspondents reporting from each segment.  If you are interested in helping by being a "correspondent," please let me know by emailing me.

There will also be walking audits for other portions of Aurora, led by other people, held on other days.  Please monitor the walking audit webpage and join the newsletter list to learn about other walking audit opportunities.