Party recap & looking forward to 2019

Brock Howell

Jan 15, 2019, 3:07:41 PM1/15/19
to ballard-...@googlegroups.com, Green Lake-Wallingford Safe Streets, Greenwood-Phinney Greenways Google Group, fremont-...@googlegroups.com, Licton-Haller Greenways Google Group, <university-greenways@googlegroups.com>, NE Seattle Greenways, LakeCity...@googlegroups.com, Maple Leaf Greenways, pinehurst...@googlegroups.com
Thank you to everyone who attended the Winter Party for North Seattle Safe Streets and made it a blast of fun!  I hope you all had a great time and were inspired by what we accomplished in 2018 and what we've set our priorities for in 2019.

And a big thank you to Mud Junket, who kept it lively all night long.  And thank you to G&O Family Cyclery for the gift certificate to raffle away.

We had about ~30 people sign-in, but there were several more adults and many more kids than that, so I think we were easily over 50 people in attendance.

Although it wasn't the point of the night, we were able to raise $385 for Seattle Neighborhood Greenways  a meaningful contribution for the organization that builds the neighborhood social infrastructure necessary to change our transportation infrastructure.

Read below the signature to read all that our groups accomplished in 2018, and what we're looking forward to in 2019.

Here are some things you can do within the next month to get more involved:
Bike & walk happy!
Brock

Other stuff I do:

Ballard & Fremont Greenways, Friends of the Burke-Gilman Trail, & Others
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Design of Missing Link finalized, and lawsuit has minor issue to resolve before the Burke-Gilman Trail project can move forward.
    • Gemenskap Park opened on 14th Ave NW.
  • 2019 Priorities
    • Robooting Ballard & Fremont Greenways
Green Lake & Wallingford Safe Streets
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Organization rebooted and held monthly meetings
    • Two PARK(ing) Day pop-up parks
    • Positive changes to the plans for the GLW Paving & Multimodal Improvements Project, including squaring-up the intersection of Ravenna Blvd & East Green Lake Way/Drive intersection near Starbucks.
      • Group Website
      • 400+ petitions signed
      • Op-eds in The Urbanist and Wallinghood blogs
      • Ride with Councilmembers Mike O'Brien and Rob Johnson
    • Two Neighborhood Street Fund applications (including for the NE 45th St Bridge over I-5)
  • 2019 Priorities
    • N 45th street pop-up park-a-palooza
    • Bike-in movie night around Green Lake
    • The GLW Paving & Multimodal Improvements Project, including improving plans for 40th and 50th Streets.
    • N 34th Street Protected Bike Lanes
Greenwood-Phinney Greenways
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Daylighted sidewalks as part of spring clean
    • Hosted PARK(ing) Day pop-up park
    • Conducted a District 5 Tour with City Councilmembers
    • Held a Greenwood Walk with Councilmember Mike O'Brien and SDOT
  • 2019 Priorities
    • Pedestrian access on arterials
    • Encroachment mitigation from parked cars and overgrown vegetation
    • Home Zones on neighborhood streets
    • Neighborhood Street Fund Grant for Home Zone
Lake City Greenways
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Tons of Outreach & Voter Turnout for "Your Voice Your Choice" program
    • 20+ Proposals for Neighborhood Street Fund
  • 2019 Priorities
    • Regularly scheduled meetings for the first time ever! First meeting, where annual priorities will be set, will be in early February
Licton-Haller Greenways
  • 2017 Accomplishment
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Finished wayfinding & outreach sign
    • Helped win 350K for Home Zone funding in city budget
  • 2019 priorities
    • Home Zone Pilot implementation
    • Licton-Green Lake connection
Maple Leaf Greenways
  • 2019 Priorities
    • Access to Maple Leaf Park
    • Implementation of 12th Ave Greenway
    • Crossing of NE 80th St at 8th Ave NE
NE Seattle Greenways
Pinehurst Greenways
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Crossings on Roosevelt Ave
    • Speed humps around Hazel-Wolf
    • Pod signs on Roosevelt
  • 2019 Priorities
    • Intersection improvement at 120th & Pinehurst Way
    • Safe Routes to the future NE 130th Street Light Rail Station
    • Home Zones
University Greenways + U District Mobility
  • 2018 Accomplishments
    • Led & completed community design & plan for future bike-ped access to the future U District light rail station. Included in the plans: pedestrianize The Ave.
  • 2019 Priorities