A Simple Feature request

knox...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2013, 6:21:25 PM3/13/13
to free...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

First of all I want to thank you for this cool app :)

I've got a satellite receiver with iptv support name is Atlanta HD box. I can watch some http stream but it's codec support is very limited.
I can use vlc for re-stream unsupported channels. Here is the parameters I'm currently using.
vlc %U --sout='#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=4096,scale=0,acodec=a52,ab=128,channels=2,scodec=dvbs,soverlay}:duplicate{dst=http{mux=ts,dst=:8080/},dst=display}'

This parameters re-stream unsupported channels to mpeg2 video and ac3 audio with re-encode. My sat-receiver connect to my pc ip/port and I can watch the channel.

likes this way
 Tv <--> receiver <---> pc http://192.168.1.2:8080 <-> vlc <-> Youtube,dailymotion etc.

Please add re-stream feature for watching unsupported protocol / codec (mms etc.) channels with my TV. I think its simple because re-streaming and recording process are almost same :)

Thank you for your effort.