10 Things you Can Do....

Free

Jan 3, 2010, 2:21:55 PM1/3/10
to Freethehikers
Dear Friends and Supporters,

(Apologies if you have already received this message, we are
consolidating our lists, thank you for your patience!)

TEN THINGS YOU CAN DO IN 2010 TO FREE THE HIKERS

Is your New Year’s resolution not going that well? Did you forget to
make one? Well, here’s a New Year’s resolution for you: “I will do
everything I can to help free Shane, Sarah and Josh from detention in
Iran.”
On January1, Shane, Sarah and Josh began their sixth month in
detention. There is no reason why they should continue to languish in
Evin Prison. We need you to join with others in lobbying for their
immediate release.

Here is a list of “Ten Things You Can Do in 2010 to FREE THE HIKERS”.

10. Organize a fun cultural event to raise awareness and funds for the
Free the Hikers campaign.

9. Sign the petition to Free the Hikers and get 10 friends to do the
same
http://freethehikers.org/?page_id=345

8. Join the Google Group, the Facebook Fan Page, and follow us on
Twitter
http://groups.google.com/group/freethehikers?pli=1
http://www.facebook.com/FreetheHikers?ref=ts
http://twitter.com/freethehikers

7. Get a Free the Hikers sweatshirt for the winter
http://www.zazzle.com/free_the_hikers_hoodie_tshirt-235444717163699914

6. Write a letter to your local paper or write a blog post calling for
the immediate release of the hikers.

5. Have your school or professional organization pass a resolution or
issue a statement calling for the Hikers’ immediate release and share
that resolution or statement with a comparable institution in Iran.

4. Write to the Head of the Iranian Judiciary asking that Shane, Sarah
and Josh be released on humanitarian grounds without further delay
(please keep these letters apolitical)

Head of the Judiciary
His Excellency Ayatollah Sadegh Ardeshir Larijani
Howzeh Riyasat-e Qoveh Qazaiyeh / Office of the Head of the Judiciary
Pasteur St., Vali Asr Ave., south of Serah-e Jomhouri
Tehran 1316814737
Islamic Republic of Iran

3. Write to government officials from your country asking them to do
everything within their power to seek Shane, Sarah and Josh’s release
and reunite them with their families and friends
http://freethehikers.org/?page_id=516

2. Let the hikers know they are not forgotten by writing to them at
this address
Free the Hikers
PO Box 15065
Duluth, MN 55815

1. Keep Shane, Sarah and Josh in your thoughts and prayers. Send them
strength, good energy and best wishes to endure their extended
detention by taking moments out of your daily life to light a candle
and to go on a solidarity hike with your friends.

Thank you for your support and action and best wishes for 2010,
The families of Shane, Sarah and Josh