Call for Support: Monday in NYC!

Free the Hikers

May 2, 2010, 10:09:28 PM5/2/10
to Freethehikers
Dear FTH Supporters,

Tomorrow’s rally at the U.N. is a precious and URGENT opportunity to
tell Ahmedinejad to let Sarah, Shane, and Josh come home! Many of you
have asked, “What can we do?” This is your chance. We are asking you
each to join us and/or RECRUIT 5 New Yorkers to attend this event and
stand in solidarity with our message that 9 months is too long.

Consider emailing the information below or using facebook/twitter to
help get people into the streets tomorrow at the U.N.

Thank you in advance for all of your efforts!

*****************FORM LETTER********************************

Dear Friends and Family in NYC,

As many of you know, our friends Josh, Shane and Sarah were detained
in Iran last summer and have been held in Evin Prison, Tehran for over
9 months now. Last week we learned frightening news that both Shane
and Sarah are facing serious health issues and all three are
considering a hunger strike. Our campaign Free The Hikers
(www.freethehikers.org) has held numerous events in New York City over
the past year.

This Monday, May 3rd, President Ahmadinejad of Iran will be visiting
the U.N. to address the beginning of a nuclear disarmament
conference. Family and friends will gather in front of the U.N. to
call for the immediate release of the hikers. I am asking for your
support by joining the rally this Monday. Please see event details
below.

Place: Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, on north side of 47th Ave. between 1st
and 2nd Ave. Please enter from 2nd Ave.

Time: Begin arriving at 10am. Critical mass needed at 11am, this is
when U.N. delegates will begin arriving. Will be there (at least)
until 1pm.

What: Help bring attention to the desperate situation of Josh, Shane
and Sarah by holding a banner, wearing white t-shirts with photos of
the three hikers around our necks, and handing out fliers. If you
join us, PLEASE WEAR WHITE (no green).

If you cannot be there for the whole event, please take a moment
during your lunch-break to join us. And if you have not done so
already, please visit the webpage: www.freethehikers.org and see what
other measures you can take to help bring Josh, Shane and Sarah home.

Thank you.

YOUR NAME