Press Release: Nowruz E-cards

Free

Mar 18, 2010, 7:40:52 PM3/18/10
to Freethehikers
Dear Friends of Sarah, Shane and Josh,

The following press release went out today. Many thanks to all who
have sent an e-card and helped to build positive momentum. If you have
not sent one yet you can find out how at: www.freethehikers.org.

* * * * * * *

March 18, 2010

SUPPORTERS OF AMERICAN HIKERS ASK
FOR THEIR RELEASE IN NOWRUZ E-CARDS

Families Hope Their Loved Ones Will Be Freed for the Iranian New Year

Friends and supporters of Shane Bauer, Sarah Shourd and Josh Fattal
are sending email messages and e-cards to Iran’s ambassador to the
United Nations, asking for their release at the start of the Iranian
New Year.

The Nowruz festival, which begins on March 20, is an ancient spring
festival and is traditionally accompanied by prisoner releases.
Hundreds of supporters of the three American hikers, held since July
31, 2009, have already sent special e-cards to Ambassador Mohammad
Khazaee wishing him and the Iranian people Happy Nowruz and asking
that the Bauer, Shourd and Fattal families can also be reunited for
this festive occasion.

“Thousands of supporters have stood by us throughout this long and
difficult period in which Shane, Sarah and Josh have been detained. We
join them in hoping that Nowruz will bring the news we have been
waiting for – that Shane, Sarah and Josh are coming home,” the
families said in a joint statement. “Shane, Sarah and Josh all love
being outdoors and experiencing the changing of the seasons. They
were detained at the height of summer. It is now about to be spring
and we hope that the start of spring will finally mean they can come
home.”

Contact: families...@gmail.com