Call for Support

Free

Apr 19, 2010, 10:27:11 AM4/19/10
to Freethehikers
Dear Friends of Shane, Sarah and Josh,

We need your help more than ever. As you may have seen the news from
April 8th, an Iranian official has again leveled the absurd allegation
that Shane, Sarah and Josh (SSJ) have links to the US intelligence
community. Those who know SSJ know this couldn’t be further from the
truth. We as families need you to share with the world who SSJ are and
make the argument, however you would like, that they do not deserve to
be held as long as they have been and need to be released without
further delay.

Here are some ideas of things you can do (but please don’t limit
yourself to these):

-Write a blog post

-Have an organization you work with or an organization that SSJ has
worked with pass a resolution or issue a statement to the media.

-Find a reporter overseas to cover the story (SSJ’s detention should
be a matter of concern of people around the world).

-Disseminate our website – www.freethehikers.org widely and urge
people to sign the petition and take the other actions on the "Take
Action" tab.

-Post photos, thoughts and reflections on www.blog.freethehikers.org.

-Find Persian translators who can translate the entirety of our
website into Persian.

We are sorry to continue to lean on you for support as you are all
leading busy lives. Until they are home we will not stop advocating
for them, but we cannot do it alone.

Thanks for taking up the cause of SSJ’s release it is a generous gift
to all of our families during this difficult time.

Alex

--
www.freethehikers.org
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=34187&ref=profile