A Message from Sarah: Keep Banners Flying

Free the Hikers

Nov 10, 2010, 7:44:07 PM11/10/10
to Freethehikers
Dear Friends and Supporters,

The launch of INTERNATIONAL BANNER WEEK to FREE ALL THREE has been a
huge affirmation for me and for Josh and Shane's families. I want you
all to know that we have received pictures of nearly 40 different
drops from over a dozen different countries.

I am writing now to ask all of you to help us expand INTERNATIONAL
BANNER Week and make it a WAVE of even bigger support. Shane, Josh and
I are global citizens. All three of us have long been actively engaged
in supporting and learning from the struggles of oppressed people
around the world. Whether it's in Oakland, CA; South Africa; Chiapas
or the Middle East....Josh, Shane and I believe that all people should
be allowed to enjoy the same rights and privileges. Shane, Josh and I
believe that bridge-building and humanitarian work make a
difference.

For this reason the campaign to Free Shane and Josh does and must
reach beyond cultural lines, national lines and the lines we tend to
draw in our own hearts and minds. Your banners truly have the power
bridge the gulf that separates Shane and Josh from the world they love
and miss so much.

So, I want to ask people from other countries, particularly the Global
South and Middle East: Please Unfurl Your Banners for my two
beautiful, innocent companions! Help us demonstrate how wide-spread
your support is. Take a digital picture and email it to:
I...@freethehikers.org and we will post it on our site.

Also, if you are from the U.S. but have friends or family in other
countries can you call them up and ask for them to participate?

Ask them to take a minute to watch a slideshow on our website that
shows samples of the incredible banners we've received so far:
http://freethehikers.org/. And please check-out this map that charts
the countries that have been represented so far:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/albumMap?uname=FreetheHikers&aid=5535467505021308833#map.

Help us reach into the hearts of Iranian leaders. Ask them to extend
the same compassion they showed me to Shane and Josh.

Use your banner to reach through prison bars and bring Shane and Josh
home!

Free All Three, free them now!

Sarah Shourd