Tamil Typing

sivasdpi

May 26, 2021, 12:32:28 AM5/26/21
to ThamiZha! - Free Tamil Computing(FTC)

The keystroke for ய் in ibus which I am typing now is a;

But in Remington typewriter keystroke for ய்  is  ;a

I had received a link for Shrini two days before:  https://github.com/thamizha/ekalappai/blob/master/installer/app/keyboards/Tamil-typewriter.txt.in

In the above link also they follow Remington typewriter keystroke only. They too have mentioned ;a keystroke for ய்

I used to click typewriter (m17n) and type for tamil now.

Pls help me how to bring ekalappai/remington typewriter in my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Shrinivasan T

May 26, 2021, 4:31:54 AM5/26/21
to freetamil...@googlegroups.com
We need to port the Remington typewriter layout to ibus.

Is there anyone here to help on ibus ?

புத., 26 மே, 2021, முற்பகல் 10:02க்கு, sivasdpi <siva...@gmail.com> எழுதியது:

Shrinivasan T

Jun 29, 2021, 5:40:18 AM6/29/21
to freetamil...@googlegroups.com
Hello sivasdpi,

check the discussion here
https://github.com/KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas/issues/160

copy the content from
https://gist.github.com/mohan43u/b66ad6f30a780093ca520bc7e326518d
as /usr/share/m17n/ta-remington.mim

(need root or sudo access)

then, restart computer, reconfigure ibus to load remington layout.

Test this and confirm.

If all good, will send to ibus,m17n upstream.

Shrini

புத., 26 மே, 2021, பிற்பகல் 2:01 அன்று, Shrinivasan T
<tshrin...@gmail.com> எழுதியது:
--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

sivasdpi

Jun 29, 2021, 9:29:20 PM6/29/21
to freetamil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks shrini. Will check and let you know