429 too many requests

Taha Hassan

Feb 13, 2023, 9:35:57 AM2/13/23
to Freesound API
Hi,

I was planning to make a post to tell you all about the project I've been developing with the API. It's an audio-based geography guessing game that uses country names as search queries on freesound. It's been really fun to develop and I'm happy with how it's going so far.

However, while working on it today we've been getting a 429 from the server. I couldn't find what the maximum number of requests was in the documentation, and I'm not sure if and when we'll be allowed access again. Could anyone clarify this for me?

Frederic Font Corbera

Feb 14, 2023, 3:45:15 AM2/14/23
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This sounds like a very cool project, congratulations!
Here is the information about throttling and current limits: https://freesound.org/docs/api/overview.html#throttling

Good luck with the project,

frederic

--
Frederic Font - ffont.github.io
Music Technology Group, UPF - mtg.upf.edu

--

---

Taha Hassan

Feb 14, 2023, 4:27:49 AM2/14/23
to Freesound API
Thanks Frederic! Of course it's right there in black and white. Not sure how I missed that! Looking forward to sharing when it's finished.

millennium Fennec

Jul 10, 2023, 12:23:13 AM7/10/23
to Freesound API
Hi,

Are the "60 requests per minute and 2000 requests per day" with APIv2 and oAuth, applicable per user or per app.

ps: Sorry if this seems like a thread hijacking, but the question is fairly related.

Frederic Font Corbera

Jul 10, 2023, 2:53:54 AM7/10/23
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The limit is per API key.
Cheers,

frederic

--
Frederic Font - ffont.github.io
Music Technology Group, UPF - mtg.upf.edu
Freesound - freesound.org

millennium Fennec

Jul 11, 2023, 9:51:42 PM7/11/23
to Freesound API