Direct grant authentication to download file

Alexandre Piel

Apr 27, 2023, 4:52:57 PM4/27/23
to Freesound API
I am currently developing a sample player for handheld console and I would like to integrate freesound to it: https://www.reddit.com/r/synthdiy/comments/12xoxi6/progress_on_my_diy_sample_rhythm_box/

I was able to implement the search but when I arrive to the point to download the sample, I was confronted to the fact that I need to use Oauth2 :-/ but using oauth2 on such console is almost impossible, as there is no browser. Is there anyway to bypass the Oauth2 workflow maybe by granting direct grant access?
Else I will have to simulate a browser in C/C++, it will be extremely cumbersome. What is the reason of not allowing to download wav file with the token? Couln't you allow it and set a download limit, for example 100 download a day...

Frederic Font Corbera

Apr 28, 2023, 4:34:22 AM4/28/23
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandre,

It is possible to enable direct authentication flow, I'll send a private message to you.

Cheers,

frederic

--
Frederic Font - ffont.github.io
Music Technology Group, UPF - mtg.upf.edu

--

---