Upload with python and requests

Jan Rou

Jun 7, 2021, 11:35:38 AM6/7/21
to Freesound API
Hi,

I get HTTP code 502 and a sorry, Freesound has screwed somthing up. Is it my code that's wrong?
I've attached the python code. The code uses requests, json and Path from pathlib.

After a long time it returns:
"Server Error
Ouch.. we screwed something up! You found some part of Freesound that's broken.

Luckily, we'll get an email about it and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible. In the
       meantime, try some other parts of website we haven't managed to break yet.

 Django isn't where we thought it was (nginx 502 bad gateway)"

I hope someone can help with this.

Regards
Jan

UploadSound.py

Frederic Font Corbera

Jun 7, 2021, 11:50:37 AM6/7/21
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan Rou,

I think this is the same error that you saw while trying to upload files using the browser. Can you try if uploading a shorter sounds makes the code work? If shorter sounds work, then that should confirm my theory. We'll try and tweak a couple of things to allow larged file uploads. We have an idea of what a definitive solution to the issue would look like, but this will take some more time. Please let  me know how it goes with shorter sounds and then I'll ask you to try longer sounds again.

Cheers,

frederic

--
Frederic Font - ffont.github.io
Music Technology Group, UPF - mtg.upf.edu

--

---

Jan Rou

Jun 8, 2021, 1:57:15 AM6/8/21
to Freesound API
Hi frederic,

Good point!
I have tested with a small soundfile and get same result. So I think it's not the size of the file. I will play with the content enconding although requests should handle that, when the soundfile is opened as a binary file.

Frederic Font Corbera

Jun 8, 2021, 10:08:29 AM6/8/21
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for testing, let me know. We still dont' know where the issue is originated, but will hopefully find out :)

frederic

--
Frederic Font - ffont.github.io
Music Technology Group, UPF - mtg.upf.edu
Freesound - freesound.org

Ghulam azam khan Yousuf zai

Jun 9, 2021, 6:46:21 AM6/9/21
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
I don't know who you all are and how I was added to this group nor have I had anything to do with the world of computers and networks. That hands
As far as I have learned, I will blow up the wickets of this hacker and all the facilitators will have to suffer.
We ask for your cooperation and prayers
 I am only Android users...love you so all...

Ghulam azam khan Yousuf zai

Jun 9, 2021, 6:49:27 AM6/9/21
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Nothing I am not stopping any discussion who's ...Alexa,ruby,
jason

Ghulam azam khan Yousuf zai

Jun 9, 2021, 7:22:27 AM6/9/21
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
It took me a long time to understand the world, but now that those who are responsible are responsible for the mental, physical and economic damage that I am responsible for, because from day one I understood that I have been kidnapped from social media and someone's on me. I stopped going out of the house because of this pain. I haven't done anything for three years, just out of fear.
During this time I was surrounded by heroin addiction and I have lost all my honor and wealth. I am now well.
I look at Google and its evil followers
Who is jason Which Alexa and which Firebase station is dynamic?