I've got issues: files are null

NIA yulma

Apr 16, 2024, 8:51:47 AMApr 16
to Freesound API

hello, there. thank you for keeping this good platform.

I tried to use API and download sound files. but it doesn't work.
is there a limitation to use?

I use colab at the moment. the belowed error message happened again and again:

[My CODE in COLAB]
import requests
import os

# Function to download audio files
def download_audio(url, file_path):
response = requests.get(url)
if response.status_code == 200:
with open(file_path, "wb") as f:
f.write(response.content)
print(f"Downloaded: {file_path}")
else:
print(f"Failed to download: {file_path}")

# Define your API key
api_key = "h187YsuQuF1mjAGmteSy8pJLIQOC2Qm79ZZ25eea"

# Example: Search for sounds related to "dog"
search_query = "rain"

# Construct the URL for the search endpoint
base_url = "https://freesound.org/apiv2/"
search_url = f"{base_url}search/text/?query={search_query}&token={api_key}"

# Send the GET request to the API
response = requests.get(search_url)

# Check if the request was successful
if response.status_code == 200:
# Parse the JSON response
data = response.json()

# Create a directory to store the audio files
os.makedirs("audio_files", exist_ok=True)

# Iterate over the results
for result in data["results"]:
# Get the URL of the audio file
audio_url = result["url"]

# Download the audio file
file_name = f"{result['id']}.ogg"
file_path = os.path.join("audio_files", file_name)
download_audio(audio_url, file_path)

# Store the file path in the DataFrame (optional)
result['file_path'] = file_path
else:
print("Error: Unable to fetch data from the API")

but results:
Playing sound: Transformed wind chimes: Nature-Symphony 4
CalledProcessError Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-24-1e1299775242> in <cell line: 18>()
34 # Play the audio file
35 print(f"Playing sound: {sound_name}")
---> 36 playsound.playsound(audio_file_path)
37 else:
38 print("Error: Unable to fetch data from the API")

5 frames
/usr/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py in check_call(*popenargs, **kwargs)
367 if cmd is None:
368 cmd = popenargs[0]
--> 369 raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
370 return 0
371

CalledProcessError: Command '['/usr/bin/python3', '/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/playsound.py', 'Transformed wind chimes: Nature-Symphony 4.wav']' returned non-zero exit status 1

--
https://freesound.org/people/NIA_forest/

Frederic Font Corbera

Apr 17, 2024, 7:00:10 AMApr 17
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You seem to be passing a wrong URL to the download function. You should get a preview URL to do a simple sound download, but you're passing the URL of the sound page. Also I'd recommend you using the freesound-python client (you can install in colab) as it should facilitate things. Also look at examples for downloading files. https://github.com/mtg/freesound-python

Cheers,

frederic

--
Frederic Font - ffont.github.io
Music Technology Group, UPF - mtg.upf.edu

--

---

NIA yulma

Apr 17, 2024, 8:41:15 AMApr 17
to Freesound API
lovely to hear the solution.
I'll try :)

have good weds

NIA yulma

May 7, 2024, 5:40:05 AMMay 7
to Freesound API
hello,
I'd tried example.py in terminal but it requires API key.
it's 4th times but i couldn't figure it out.
thanks, nia

----code in terminal--

user@Userui-MacBookPro freesound-python-master % python3 examples.py

You need to set your API key as an environment variable

named FREESOUND_API_KEY

user@Userui-MacBookPro freesound-python-master % export FREESOUND_API_KEY=c7WXJg8yPjcLC8fg9f5pkUpmzcV5fQG97uBO6Hc9

user@Userui-MacBookPro freesound-python-master % python3 examples.py

You need to set your API key as an environment variable

named FREESOUND_API_KEY

user@Userui-MacBookPro freesound-python-master %

Frederic Font Corbera

May 13, 2024, 10:44:31 AMMay 13