Runtime error 216 at.....

Maxx Powers

May 24, 2001, 3:01:06 AM5/24/01
I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question to. I
cant find anyother support boards so here goes...

Whenever I'm online, I always get this 'Runtime error 216 at....' this
happens to me everyday, I'm getting really tired of it. I click 'OK' but
they still sit there infront of me...they wont go away. I dont know what
they mean, but its probably not good. If anyone knows how to prevent this,
your advice will be greatly appreciated.....

thanks in advance...

Maxx

Andrew Taylor

May 24, 2001, 9:48:34 AM5/24/01
"Maxx Powers" <maxxp...@msnsux.com> wrote in message

> I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question to. I
> cant find anyother support boards so here goes...
>
> Whenever I'm online, I always get this 'Runtime error 216 at....' this
> happens to me everyday, I'm getting really tired of it. I click 'OK' but
> they still sit there infront of me...they wont go away. I dont know what
> they mean, but its probably not good.

Correct, you have a VIRUS!
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/2/79.ASP

Re: runtime error 216 at 00002021
From: m_gru...@eudora.com
Date: 8/27/00

Comments
Hi Marsha, Jon and all persons that have runtimes errors, yes this is a
virus, the solution is make the restoration of the computer and when
finished that the first step that you make is install the antivirus, but the
antivirus be new of the year 2000- 2001

Ok.

July 10, 1998: Re: BCB3 Runtime error 216
CPB Mailing List Subject: Re: BCB3 Runtime error 216 From: Jon Robertson
<to...@flash.net> > Does anyone know what the heck is runtime error 216? > I
can consistently get the error, ev...
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/msg00944.html | 84% | Translate

Q189989 - Error Message: Runtime Error 216 at 00009275
When you run Internet Explorer , you may receive the following error
message:
Found by: Excite, HotBot, MSN Web Search, WebCrawler
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q189/9/89.asp | 82% |
Translate

Runtime Error 216
Process stared, please wait
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos
http://mystic.chat.ru/winload.htm | 78% | Translate

July 09, 1998: BCB3 Runtime error 216
CPB Mailing List Subject: BCB3 Runtime error 216 From: David Powers
<sepo...@prodigy.net> Does anyone know what the heck is runtime error 216?
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/msg00188.html | 78% | Translate

Re: runtime error 216 at 000043f2 and 00002938
[ Cove.Net Home | Contents | Post a New Message | Reply to This Message ]
Re: runtime error 216 at 000043f2 and 00002938 From: fuat (fu...@yahoo.com)
Date: 9/2/00 Comments I get Runtime Error 216 at 309B on every boot in
Win98se. Then I press ok and
Found by: HotBot, MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/0000004e.htm | 78% | Translate

WinFamily FAQ: Hvorfor får jeg "runtime error 216" under installasjon?
2. Hvorfor får jeg "runtime error 216" under installasjon? - Top
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos
http://www.winfamily.com/faq/3.1.html | 78% | Translate

July 11, 1998: Re: BCB3 Runtime error 216
CPB Mailing List Subject: Re: BCB3 Runtime error 216 From: "Ken Moffat"
<kmo...@halcyon.com> -----Original Message----- From: David Erbas-White
<der...@home.com> To: cpb-th...
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/msg01007.html | 71% | Translate

Runtime Error 216 Splash Screen Workaround
Question and Answer Database QNA :Runtime Error 216 Splash Screen Workaround
Category :Install Issues Platform :Windows95 Product :C Builder 3.x
Question: I've heard that some people are able to get rid of the 216
shutdown error by disabling their splash screen. How can I set up Builder
3.0 to do this? Answer: Drag BCB.exe to your desktop. Right click, select
Properties. On the shortcut tab, in the Target box, add -NS after the end
quote. Hit Apply, and OK. Double click on the C Builder icon to verify that
it works. 5/18/1998 8:39:13 AM
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,17645,00.html | 71% |
Translate

Q259279 - Error Message: Runtime Error 216
When you start Windows, Internet Explorer, or a Windows-based program, you
may receive the following error message:
Found by: MSN Web Search
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/2/79.ASP | 69% |
Translate

Runtime error 216 at 000043F2
[ Cove.Net Home | Contents | Post a New Message | Reply to This Message ]
Runtime error 216 at 000043F2 From: blackn...@yahoo.com Date: 2/28/00
Comments I get a "Runtime error 216 at 000043F2" when ever I get online and
I can't do anything like
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos, MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/0000002b.htm | 67% | Translate

runtime error 216 at 000043f2 and 00002938
Cove.Net Home | Contents | Post a New Message | Reply to This Message ]
runtime error 216 at 000043f2 and 00002938 From: mspa...@sprint.ca Date:
4/11/00 Comments Please ,,can anyone help me,,,Im running windows 98 Last
changed: April 24, 2001
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos, MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/00000035.htm | 67% | Translate

April 24, 1998: Runtime error 216 at 000F1A93
CPB Mailing List To: "BCB Developer's Journal" <cpb-t...@zdtips.com>
Subject: Runtime error 216 at 000F1A93 From: "Taka Yagi"
<b10...@mxc.mesh.ne.jp>
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/199804/msg00807.html | 65% | Translate

runtime error 216 - VirtualDr Support Forums
Home | Windows | Linux | Hardware | Shopping | Web Building | Downloads |
Tech Support Search Power Search | Tips Windows 95 | Windows 98 | Windows NT
UBBFriend: Email This Page
Found by: HotBot
http://discussions.virtualdr.com/Forum1/HTML/003864-2.html | 63% |
Translate

runtime error 216 at 00002021
[ Cove.Net Home | Contents | Post a New Message | Reply to This Message ]
runtime error 216 at 00002021 From: marsha Date: 5/24/00 Comments anyone
know how to correct this. I cannot get into anything in control panel, can't
shut computer down or ge
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos, MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/0000003f.htm | 60% | Translate

July 11, 1998: Re: BCB3 Runtime error 216
CPB Mailing List Subject: Re: BCB3 Runtime error 216 From: "Rick Malik"
<rm...@pacbell.net> Good clue....."> Oh, and the "Runtime error"s are Object
Pascal errors.
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/msg00991.html | 58% | Translate

Runtime Error 216
Process stared, please wait...
Found by: HotBot
http://www.chat.ru/~mystic/winload.htm | 56% | Translate

Re: runtime error 216 at 00002021
[ Cove.Net Home | Contents | Post a New Message | Reply to This Message ]
Re: runtime error 216 at 00002021 From: jrb...@hotmail.com Date: 8/24/00
Comments Did you find a cure for this? I am getting the same exact error
message. Please help! Th
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos, MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/00000048.htm | 54% | Translate

April 24, 1998: Re: Runtime error 216 at 000F1A93
CPB Mailing List Subject: Re: Runtime error 216 at 000F1A93 From: David
Erbas-White <der...@home.com> Yes, it's a known error, I had it every time
I ran BCB3 when first installed.
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/199804/msg00829.html | 52% | Translate

Port of PalmPatch for Linux?
Port of PalmPatch for Linux? [ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum
www.esj.de ] Abgeschickt von pnan am 26 Oktober, 1999 um 00:43:58 Or any
*nix deritive for that matter? If so, could someone point the direction?
Unfortunately, when trying to run
Found by: HotBot
http://www.esj.de/forum/messages/144.html | 44% | Translate

Re: Runtime error 216 at 000043F2
[ Cove.Net Home | Contents | Post a New Message | Reply to This Message ]
Re: Runtime error 216 at 000043F2 From: Michael W. MillerDate: 2/28/00
Comments After researching Microsoft's Knowledge Base, I would probably
uninstall internet explorer and
Found by: MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/0000002c.htm | 43% | Translate

Re: Runtime error 216 at 000043F2
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/2/79.ASP
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos, MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/00000045.htm | 41% | Translate

Plextor 8432 - Plextor Manager 2000 Installation???
Ever need a device driver? Check out DriverGuide.com the world's largest
collection of drivers! FREE information mailing lists! Please select: Free
CDROMs SW Deals Games DVD Computers Web Design Web Mktng Home Business MLM
Business Web Busine
Found by: HotBot
http://cdrom-guide.com/cdrmsgs/87333.html | 37% | Translate

August 11, 1998: Re: [BCB 3] Runtime error 216
CPB Mailing List From: Tamas Demjen <dem...@eik.bme.hu> Bruce, Try to run
the IDE with the -NS command line option. This usually solves the problem,
but some people still "suffer"...
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/msg01717.html | 33% | Translate

Re: runtime error 216 at 00002021
Hi Marsha, Jon and all persons that have runtimes errors, yes this is a
virus, the solution is make the restoration of the computer and when
finished that the first step that you make is install the antivirus, but the
antivirus be new of the year 2000- 2001
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/00000049.htm | 33% | Translate

Protel Knowledge Base Item 2152
When I try to unlock Schematic in Protel 99SE why do I get an error message,
"DLL Initialization Failed"?
Found by: HotBot
http://www.protel.com/kb/rdc2152.htm | 31% | Translate

Re: runtime error 216 at 000043f2 and 00002938 From: id...@dingoblue.net.au
Date: 5/12/00 Comments I had these via a TROJAN. Go into windows directory
and find "win.ini".High
Found by: MSN Web Search
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/0000003a.htm | 30% | Translate

Re: runtime error 216 at 000043f2 and 00002938
I, too, have gotten this kind of problem, and after following every piece of
advise I've seen, still have not been able to clear it up
Found by: FAST Search, Lycos
http://www.cove.net/_tech1/0000005f.htm | 26% | Translate

September 24, 1998: Re: Error 216
CPB Mailing List Subject: Re: Error 216 From: Mike Harris
<mhar....@mcione.com> Runtime Error 216 Splash Screen Workaround
(Published 5/18/1998) Question: I've heard that some people are a...
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/msg02095.html | 26% | Translate

GJL Software Homepage - "Home Of Database Utilities"
GJL Software is the home of the Database Utilities applications. Database
Utilities is an enhanced Database Desktop Utility, with features provided to
speed up database access and manipulation.
Found by: HotBot
http://www.gjl-software.co.uk/ | 24% | Translate

Tech Support
Tyrian Tech Support Common problems you may experience with Tyrian How do I
upgrade my 1.X version of Tyrian to the 2.0 version? Tyrian crashes with
Runtime Error 216 when the boss and I die simultaneously. Tyrian will not
run at a
Found by: HotBot
http://www.epicgames.com/faq/tyrtech.htm | 24% | Translate

March 18, 1998: [BCB3] Runtime Error on Exit
CPB Mailing List From: "Bachrach, Robert L" <rob.ba...@amp.com> I have
started using BCB3 and am very happy with it. It works fine while
developing, but everytime I exit from t...
Found by: Excite, WebCrawler
http://www.hamline.edu/~wnk/cpb/199803/msg00545.html | 14% | Translate

Free Pascal - Bug lists
Free Pascal: free 32-bit Pascal compiler for DOS, Linux and OS/2
Found by: HotBot
http://www.freepascal.org/bugs/db.php3 | 11% | Translate

kim

May 24, 2001, 5:24:11 PM5/24/01

Andrew Taylor <andrewcr...@spamcopSUBVERSIVE.net> wrote in message

> "Maxx Powers" <maxxp...@msnsux.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question to.
> > cant find anyother support boards so here goes...
> >
> > Whenever I'm online, I always get this 'Runtime error 216 at....' this
> > happens to me everyday, I'm getting really tired of it. I click 'OK' but
> > they still sit there infront of me...they wont go away. I dont know what
> > they mean, but its probably not good.
>
> Correct, you have a VIRUS!
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/2/79.ASP

This answer has me puzzled as i posted a very similiar q about 2 weeks ago
but cant find it, (where do u go for this deja vu thingie) anyhow i think
peter and amd answered, they told me where to go to stop this happening (it
worked) but cant remember where i done it though. Although i didn't ask how
serious this was, there was no mention of it being a virus, before i posted
the question i had run Norton Windoctor and my AV programme, which said i
was clean. Should i now be doing something else or living blissfully
ignorant?

Thanks Kim

Peter Boulding

May 24, 2001, 5:53:27 PM5/24/01
On Thu, 24 May 2001 22:24:11 +0100, "kim" <a...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>where do u go for this deja vu thingie

Regards Peter Boulding
p...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")
Fractal gallery at http://www.pboulding.co.uk/
BTi inanity at http://www.btinternet.com/~p.boulding/

dclasikw...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014, 1:22:58 PM10/22/14
Hey Maxx,

Sorry about your 216 error code. Yes, the mere fact that I found you then it must mean that this is the right board.Anyways, you can get some help here http://goo.gl/1i5G6M . It offers manually suggestions as to how you can correct the problem. Let me know if it works for you.

All the best.

Ant

Oct 23, 2014, 7:15:42 AM10/23/14
<dclasikw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 24, 2001 2:28:08 AM UTC-5, Maxx Powers wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question to. I
>> cant find anyother support boards so here goes...
>>
>> Whenever I'm online, I always get this 'Runtime error 216 at....' this
>> happens to me everyday, I'm getting really tired of it.
[snip]

> Hey Maxx,

Hey stupid.

> Sorry about your 216 error code.

Sorry about your lack of clue.

> Yes, the mere fact that I found you then it must mean that this is
> the right board.

It means no such thing. This is an dead newsgroup (not a board)
for a long defunct internet service provider.

> Anyways, you can get some help here hxxp://goo.gl/1i5G6M .
> It offers manually suggestions as to how you can correct the problem.

It offers trouble.

> Let me know if it works for you.

You think someone who posted 13 years ago is still waiting for a
reply? Idiot.

For everyone else, this is a thinly disguised advert for the rogue
anti-spyware program SpyHunter from Enigma Software.

The goo.gl short-link redirects to:
errortools.com/windows/fix-runtime-error-216/

Funny how the poster wants to hide it with the short-link and hide who
owns errortools.com with WhoisGuard in Panama. That page talks
nonsense about the SubSeven trojan, something that's not been seen in
years. It links to the download:
errortools.com/download/spyhunter/
which is then obtained via:
errort.enigma.revenuewire.net/spyhunter2/download
redirects to->
errort.enigma.safecart.com/spyhunter2/download
redirects to->
www enigmasoftware.com/download_scanner/revenuewire/SpyHunter-Installer.exe

Stay well clear of this crapware. For comments and links to more about
SpyHunter, see:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/how-can-i-remove-spyhunter-from-my-computer
/36bbdb89-6088-4f4d-a0bb-88ed40611b08

(unwrap the link)