Congress Must Demand Bush and Cheney Resign

news.omega

Sep 20, 2008, 4:11:37 PM9/20/08
to freepa...@googlegroups.com

Democrats.com, the Aggressive Progressives - 500,000 strong and growing!

Congress Must Demand Bush and Cheney Resign

George Bush wants taxpayers to pay $700 billion to bail out Wall Street for its reckless investments in mortgage-backed securities. That's on top of $800 billion for other recent bailouts, including A.I.G., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Bear Stearns.

The current financial disaster is the direct result of the Bush-Cheney Administration's 8-year policy of deregulation, corruption, and greed.

The Bush-Cheney Administration cannot be trusted to solve the massive problems they created. Before Congress gives the Bush Administration one dime of taxpayer money for financial bailouts, Congress must demand the immediate resignation of George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Henry Paulson and the appointment of Speaker Nancy Pelosi as President until our next President is sworn in on January 20, 2009.

Email your Senators and Representative and spread the word:
http://www.democrats.com/resign

________________ Sponsored message

Taking On the System: Rules for Radical Change in a Digital Era

As the founder of DailyKos.com, Markos Moulitsas Zuniga has permanently altered the landscape of American politics. DailyKos and the progressive blogosphere have inspired a new generation of American patriots, determined to rise up and make their voices heard. In Taking on the System, Markos provides both a call-to-arms, and the rules of engagement, for getting active in our newly networked age. With passionate and accessible prose guaranteed to inspire and empower anyone who has ever struggled to make a difference, this book captures the spirit of our nation's modern-day pamphleteers.
--Elizabeth Edwards

Buy Taking On the System ($16.29 new, $11.97 used)
http://tinyurl.com/4uqrag

________________

Be a "Pollworker for Democracy"

This year, you have an amazing opportunity to ensure a fair election, protect the right to vote, and get paid for doing so. How? By becoming a pollworker.

That's why CREDO Action is proud to sponsor the "Pollworkers for Democracy" project - a nonpartisan effort to get more people involved in protecting our elections - in order to support our democracy. We'll provide you with information to supplement your pollworker training, and also a system to report and track any problems on and before Election Day.

Your county still needs pollworkers for the November 4th general election. By signing up as a pollworker, you can support our democratic system...and get paid!

Click here to sign up to become a pollworker.
http://tinyurl.com/6jaujd

Are You Registered to Vote? Are You Sure ?

Republicans are working quietly to steal another election by disenfranchising Democratic voters, just as they did in 2000 and 2004. So please make sure you are registered to vote!

Login to Democrats.com and click:
http://www.democrats.com/voter_registration

Forward this message to everyone you know!