RFID and Spychipped ID Cards

news.omega

May 6, 2008, 3:17:00 AM5/6/08
to freepa...@googlegroups.com
I am headed to Detroit this week to speak on RFID, freedom, and Big
Brother issues. I will be speaking at several events that are free and
open to the public, courtesy of my friends at Peacemakers International
Ministries. If you are in the area, I'd love to meet you!

As you may know, Michigan is one of several states that has agreed to
issue Homeland Security's new, voluntary "enhanced driver's license" to
facilitate border crossings. That means that many Michigan drivers may
soon be lured by "convenience" into carrying our worst nightmare --
uniquely numbered, remotely-readable RFID spychips. Most participating
drivers will have no idea that their new ID cards can be used to track
them right through a wallet, pocket, or purse, without their knowledge,
from more than 20 feet away.

I've posted my schedule below. If you are in Michigan, this will be a
great opportunity to get informed and meet fellow freedom-lovers. All
events are free, and you are welcome to bring as many people as you
would like. (A quick RSVP would be appreciated, but is not required.)

THURSDAY, MAY 8, 7:00 PM
RFID PRESENTATION, Q&A SESSION, AND BOOK/DVD SIGNING
LOCATION: Peacemakers International Fellowship Church
ADDRESS/MAP: http://www.peacemakersinternational.org/Home/About.html
Katherine will deliver a 1-hour, image-rich, up-to-the-minute
presentation on RFID: What it is, how it works, plans for abuse, and why
this issue matters to Michigan. The talk will be followed by a question
and answer session and a book signing. Get your questions answered and
get a signed copy of Spychips or one of Katherine's DVDs while you're
there.
This is a secular (non-religious) event.
(For a similar presentation, minus the updates, see YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Maj1I6kH0 Part 1 of 6)

FRIDAY, MAY 9, 12:00 NOON
POLITICAL ACTION LUNCHEON MEETING
For those interested in working with the Michigan state legislature on
RFID privacy issues.
Location and details available by writing to: tobrien(at)smallgov.us

SATURDAY, MAY 10, 12:30-6:00 PM (I will speak around 4:00-ish)
PEACEMAKERS OUTDOOR OUTREACH
LOCATION: Peacemakers International Fellowship Church.
ADDRESS/MAP: http://www.peacemakersinternational.org/Home/About.html
You and your friends are warmly invited to the Peacemakers monthly
outdoor outreach event for a day of fun and Christian fellowship on the
church grounds. The event reaches out to Peacemakers' inner-city
community with free food and drinks, bands, cooking, skits, music,
basketball, etc. -- and you're invited, too! At 4:00 PM Katherine will
speak on the encroaching police state and the appropriate Christian
response.
Details: http://www.peacemakersinternational.org/Home/Ministries.html

SUNDAY, MAY 11, 11:00 AM
PEACEMAKERS CHURCH SERVICE; KATHERINE WILL ADDRESS CONGREGATION
On Sunday morning, Peacemakers' Pastor Steve Upshur has graciously
allotted me an hour to speak on prophesy, advancing technology, and the
church. The worship service begins at 11:00, and I will speak shortly
thereafter. We'd love to have you join us!

Note: Although many of the events have a Christian theme, people from
all faith traditions are warmly invited to attend.

Peacemakers works with inner city drug addicts and gang members, and
helps them turn blighted urban lots into vibrant, green gardening
projects. Lean more here:
http://www.anrcats.msu.edu/press/030106/030106_urbanresidents.htm
See a photo here:
http://www.corinesmith.com/files/gimgs/5_39peacemakersgardenchene.jpg
More Peacemakers details here:
http://www.peacemakersinternational.org/Home/Ministries.html

This will be a great opportunity to connect with others who are
concerned about RFID and privacy issues. Come get informed and help us
strategize!

In freedom,
Katherine Albrecht, Ed.D.

Dr. Katherine Albrecht
Founder and Director, CASPIAN Consumer Privacy

Host of "Uncovering the Truth"
We the People Radio Network, M-F 10AM-12PM EST
Listen Live: http://www.wtprn.com
Archives: http://mp3.wtprn.com/Albrecht08.html

Co-author of "SPYCHIPS: How Major Corporations and Government
Plan to Track Your Every Move with RFID"
http://www.spychips.com/book/booksales.html

WEBSITES:
Human Chipping: http://www.AntiChips.com
RFID: http://www.SpyChips.com
Shopper Cards: http://www.NoCards.org
Bio online at: http://www.spychips.com/media/katherine-albrecht.html

CASPIAN: Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion and Numbering
Opposing supermarket loyalty cards and other retail surveillance
schemes since 1999

http://www.spychips.com/
http://www.nocards.org/

You're welcome to duplicate and distribute this message to others who
may find it of interest.

[ http://omega.twoday.net/search?q=Katherine+Albrecht
http://omega.twoday.net/topics/RFID/ ]