Ramsey Clark: Impeachment is a constitutional duty

news.omega

Jun 11, 2008, 2:36:25 AM6/11/08
to freepa...@googlegroups.com
spbe_tmp.html

Omega Group

Jun 11, 2008, 4:10:30 PM6/11/08
to Freepage News
House Votes on Impeachment Today!

He thought this day would never come

Three important updates

ImpeachBush will be delivering you action alerts and updates on the
impeachment struggle in Congress. Today, we have three things to
report, but first we want to send a thank you! to all those who have
made a donation to allow the movement to go into high gear. Funds are
critical at this stage, click here to donate.

Update:

1) House members are expected to vote Wednesday (today) on sending
articles of impeachment against President Bush to the Judiciary
Committee. The 35 articles introduced by Dennis J. Kucinich, D-Ohio,
on Monday are pressuring the Democratic Party to make good on a
promise many of them made before the 2006 elections: to impeach! Just
one week ago, ImpeachBush.org members flooded Judiciary Chairman John
Conyers offices with the demand for impeachment during the National
Call-In Day for Impeachment. We must continue to let Rep. Conyers and
every other Congressperson know that the people demand action!

2) Calling it "a sworn duty" of Congress to act, U.S. Rep. Robert
Wexler of Florida signed on yesterday to Dennis Kucinich's 35 Articles
of Impeachment. "President Bush deliberately created a massive
propaganda campaign to sell the war in Iraq to the American people and
the charges detailed in this impeachment resolution indicate an
unprecedented abuse of executive power," Wexler said in a statement.

3) At 1pm, June 11, members of Veterans for Peace will hold a news
conference at the Capitol to display the 22,000 names they collected
on a petition to impeach Bush, which they will deliver to the office
of John Conyers, Chair of the House Judiciary Committee. VFP Vice-
President Elliott Adams wrote, "Having taken an oath to defend the
Constitution 'from all enemies foreign and domestic,' our members take
the obligation to impeach George W. Bush most seriously. We must hold
this administration accountable for waging a war of aggression against
Iraq."

What we are doing

We are going into overdrive with volunteers in DC and around the
country putting pressure on Congress to act on impeachment now. We are
also doing massive outreach to bring more and more people into the
impeachment movement at this critical moment. We are printing
thousands of leaflets, organizing door-to-door outreach for
volunteers, phone banking, and exploring the possibilities for
internet advertising and more newspaper ads. What we can achieve
depends on the level of financial support provided by those who
believe that the impeachment of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney is
necessary.

ImpeachBush Resource Center

Omega Group

Jun 11, 2008, 4:14:50 PM6/11/08
to Freepage News
Dennis Kucinich Live on the Rob Kall Radio Show Tonight

I rarely send out emails to our entire member list but I thought this
exciting interview was worth the intrusion into your bandwidth.

I'll be interviewing Congressman Dennis Kucinich tonight, at 9:00 PM
EST, Wednesday, June 11. We'll be talking about his articles of
impeachment of George W. Bush.

In the second half of the show, I'll be interviewing Luke Ryland, an
investigative journalist calling in from Australia, who's been doing a
series of articles on whistleblower Sibel Edmonds. He'll be talking
about new disclosures on former House Speaker, DennyHastert's Turkish
connection.

Listen to the show at AM 1360 in South Jersey and Philly, or, if you
are out of range, listen on-line at <a href="http://www.wnjc1360.com/
Live_Netcast/live_netcast.html">www.wnjc1360.com</a>.

We won't be doing call-ins while Congressman Kucinich is on the air,
but afterwards, and when Luke Ryland is on, we will.

If you have questions for Kucinich, post them to the headlined diary
announcing the show:
http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=7706
Rob Kall Radio Show Tonight With Dennis Kucinich & Luke Ryland

I will be checking for the comments on the diary. And you can start
posting your questions before the show. Let's make this interview a
"We" event.

When we switch over to taking phone calls, check the diary for the
phone number to call. I'd include it, but we're using a new system and
don't have the number yet.

Best,

Rob Kall

Omega Group

Jun 11, 2008, 4:38:23 PM6/11/08
to Freepage News
Kucinich Forces Vote On Bush's Impeachment
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/06/11/9550/