GMOs represent a serious danger

news.omega

Nov 2, 2007, 6:27:04 PM11/2/07
to freepa...@googlegroups.com

*URGENT - PLEASE SEND THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS
*
*
*

*INDEPENDENT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROVES THAT
GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOs)
ARE VERY DANGEROUS TO THE ENVIRONMENT AND HUMAN HEALTH*

*Documentaries - Learn more about the serious dangers of GMOs:*
*http://youtube.com/results?search_query=%22future+of+food%22*
<http://youtube.com/results?search_query=%22future+of+food%22>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x5ftpGK1UI
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x5ftpGK1UI>
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5370933931102213811&hl=en
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5370933931102213811&hl=en>
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=gmo+dangers
<http://youtube.com/results?search_query=gmo+dangers>

*HELP PROTECT SOCIETY AND NATURE, SAY NO TO GMOs*

*ACTION ALERT *

<http://www.email.greenpeace.org/reaengm_ksvrlkm.html?RECIPID=815790>
*Can you write to the EC and forward this message?*
* *Send a message
<http://www.email.greenpeace.org/bmzmvhc_ksvrlkm.html?RECIPID=815790>*

*Hi friends, *

Europe's top environment politician, EU-Commissioner Stavros Dimas,
enraged agro-chemical companies last week when he refused to allow the
cultivation of two varieties of genetically modified maize (Bt 11 and
1507).

*He said GM crops should not be approved until new methods have been
developed for assessing long-term risks* and the effects on birds and
butterflies. This is wonderful news!

Other European Commissioners are siding with the industry though, and
want to vote on the matter within the next few weeks in Brussels.

*We have only days to show our support for the Environment
Commissioner's brave stand* -- and to let the other politicians know
that he speaks for us all.

Can you send a message to Stavros Dimas, to Manuel Barroso (the
President of the European Commission) and the Commissioners taking the
industry's side Kyprianou (Health and Consumer Protection) and
Fischer-Boel (Agriculture).

*TAKE ACTION NOW*
<http://www.email.greenpeace.org/miqikux_ksvrlkm.html?RECIPID=815790>

Thanks,
Greenpeace

P.S. This is a brilliant opportunity, but we have very little time.
*Please forward this email* to all your friends who care about this
important issue.

From InfoNature.Org