Do It Yourself Impeachment

news.omega

Jan 10, 2008, 2:55:20 AM1/10/08
to freepa...@googlegroups.com

I believe this "Do It Yourself Impeachment" is similar to a Referendum,
where The Citizens vote on it, but in this case it appears to be done by
Investigation and the Congres, requested by the people.
Que*****

Grassroots Nonpartisan Efforts to
Impeach Bush & Cheney
(Go to our Main Page:ImpeachForPeace.org)
Daily Impeachment News:
January 8, 2008
[Video] Cafferty on CNN: 'Why Won't Congress Impeach Bush?'
Filed under: Impeachment Progress News ? Jodin Morey @ 9:28 am
A transcript of Cafferty's segments: January 7, The Situation Room:
JACK CAFFERTY: It's time for Congress to impeach President Bush and Vice
President Cheney ? so says George McGovern, the Democratic Party's 1972
candidate for President. He wrote an editorial in yesterday's Washington
Post. He wrote that, "Although the chances of impeachment are unlikely,
the facts most definitely point in that direction." Quoting McGovern
here, "Bush and Cheney are clearly guilty of numerous impeachable
offenses. They have repeatedly violated the Constitution. They have
transgressed national and international law. They have lied to the
American people time after time. Their conduct and their barbaric
policies have reduced our beloved country to a historic low in the eyes
of people around the world. These are truly high crimes and
misdemeanors, to use the constitutional standard," unquote.
McGovern points to specific instances, like Iraq. He calls that a
"murderous, illegal, nonsensical war," the administration's strategy to
encourage a climate of fear here at home, denying prisoners of war
habeas corpus, shipping them off to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and other
foreign lands, and the administration's dismal response to Hurricane
Katrina.
In fact, McGovern says that the case against impeaching the current
President and Vice President is far stronger than was the case for
impeaching President Nixon. He goes so far as to say the U.S. would be
much more secure and productive under a Nixon presidency than under what
we have today.
But, of course, we all know that Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a long time ago,
took impeachment off the table. And even though there are some in the
House who are calling for an immediate start to hearings, don't bet on
it happening. Probably won't. But the question is this: Why won't
Congress impeach President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney? You can
go to CNN.com/caffertyfile and post a comment on my new blog.
Later in the hour:
CAFFERTY: Eighty-five-year-old George McGovern, who ran for President in
1972, wrote a piece in the Washington Post over the weekend suggesting
that George Bush and Vice President Cheney are more deserving of
impeachment than Richard Nixon was. And so we asked: Why won't Congress
impeach President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney? And we got the
following.
Chris in Ithaca writes: "The Democratic Congress will not move on
impeachment because we have nothing but cowards in Washington. The
Congress changed because the American people wanted change. Instead,
we've gotten Republican light. There is no change in Washington ? only
slaves to big business, oil and imperialism. Washington stinks."
Eric in Moss Beach, California: "The collaborators who gave Bush
everything they wanted won't condemn themselves now by impeaching him.
They have no principles. They have no morals. They are politicians to
their slimy cores. They all deserve defeat in the next election ?
Democrat, Republican ? makes no difference. They have betrayed their
oath, they have betrayed their country. They are scum."
Scott: "Why won't we impeach Bush and Cheney? Because the country is
over, that's why. We're done. The crooks, the special interests and the
corporations have won."
Dell in Colorado Springs: "The Democratic Congress won't impeach the
President or Vice President simply because they're more concerned with
winning back the White House. It would be too timely, too costly. Bush
has destroyed our reputation abroad, done nothing domestically. The
Democrats believe the damage is done and the administration will
ultimately go into the books as one of the worst in history."
Roy writes: "It's not going to happen. Everybody knows you need
corporate sponsors to get anything done in Washington."
And Sally in Alexandria, Virginia: "Because all they did was cause
death, destruction, torture, defiling of the Constitution and decimation
of the nation's finances. Thank goodness they didn't have sex with an
intern."
WOLF BLITZER: A lot of angry people out there, Jack.
CAFFERTY: I guarantee, and I hear from them every single day. And I
think that's one of the reasons, quite frankly, that there's so much
interest in a guy like Barack Obama. The country is saying, "How much
worse can it be? Give me anything that's different, something fresh and
new."
August 21:
"So, Senator Dodd is putting the election prospects of the Democratic
Party next year ahead of whether or not President Bush might be guilty
of high crimes and misdemeanors of a kind which would mandate his
removal from office,"
"Congress's job is oversight of the executive branch"
"Unless, of course, that oversight interferes with getting elected."
"It's a pretty amazing statement to come out of Senator Dodd's mouth."?

Let us know of impeachment news and help us spread the word:

2 Comments »
[Video] Cafferty on CNN: 'Why Won't Congress Impeach Bush?'?
"CNN's Jack Cafferty on Monday advanced former Democratic presidential
candidate George McGovern's call for the impeachment of President Bush
and Vice President Cheney, posing as his 'Cafferty File' question in the
6pm EST hour of The Situatio?
Trackback by www.buzzflash.net <http://www.buzzflash.net/> ? January 8,
2008 @ 9:40 am
Here's a little graphic which illustrates the intricacies of the situation
http://Lavidavegas.blogspot.com/2007/02/that-was-close.html
<http://lavidavegas.blogspot.com/2007/02/that-was-close.html>
Comment by lavi dave ? January 8, 2008 @ 1:29 pm
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI
Leave a comment
Name (required)
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Website