Problème configuration mysql server et connexion avec fmf

Amal Barkouk

Mar 29, 2024, 9:59:46 AMMar 29
to FreeMedForms
Hello everybody, i hope you're doing well,
i have been trying to implement freemedforms version server/client, using my laptop as the server.
I have some issues in terms of MySQL configuration on my computer and its connection to freemedforms.
Here are some specifications:
- OS:  Windows 10 64bits
- the version of freemedforms I'm using is 1.0.0

I did two tries: one with MySQL 5.5 server on its own, and one using xampp as a server with Apache and Mysql included

- The first try: i installed mysql 5.5 on its own:
       -  Chose the server option, checked the "Enable TCP/Ip networking" and "Add firewall exception for this port", as well as "Enable strict mode"
       -  Installed as "Windows service" and checked "Include Bin directory in Windows PATH"
       -  Set the root Password
       -   Finally, 12.jpg
        - To follow the pointers Dr Eric added in fmf site for server configuration, i couldn't find the bind-address in my.ini file, so i added one with Ip address and saved the changes.
        - As i installed freemedforms 1.0.0 , and chose the "server" option, i then entered "localhost" as Host name and "3306" as the port. The host is joignable.
        - But as i input the "root" and root password, i got "Erreur de connexion: -1" (what's the meaning of this error message?"

- In an another try, i uninstalled mysql and installed a newer version of mysql 5.5 with Mysql Workbench with a visible bind-address line in the my.ini file where i could modify into my Ip address. I re-opened fmf, chose "localhost" with the port 3306, inserted "root" and root password, still, it gave me "Erreur de connexion: -1"

- In a final try, i uninstalled the last Mysql installed and installed xampp as server host of Apache and MySQL. I created a password for the root in PhpMyAdmin, changed the bind-address in my.ini for my Ip address. saved everything and made sure everything is running. But fmf is still not able to connect
erreur de connexion.jpg
  - Any idea of what i should do to connect mysql and freemedforms? thank you