CMS 1500 update

sole practitioner

Dec 22, 2013, 2:52:20 PM12/22/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
We understand that the CMS 1500 v.2/12  starts its use on 1/6/14 and must be fully implemented on  3/31/14.  Any plans to update v. 0.8.5 with this form?  I assume v. 0.9 will be (or, maybe already has been) updated.

Jeff

Dec 22, 2013, 11:14:49 PM12/22/13
to FreeMED Support
On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM, sole practitioner <trevo...@gmail.com> wrote:
We understand that the CMS 1500 v.2/12  starts its use on 1/6/14 and must be fully implemented on  3/31/14.  Any plans to update v. 0.8.5 with this form?  I assume v. 0.9 will be (or, maybe already has been) updated.

The REMITT sheets in the new version should support that -- however, it may be possible to backport the changes. Could you send me a link to the updated specification?

--
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff

Dec 27, 2013, 9:20:41 AM12/27/13
to FreeMED Support

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM, sole practitioner <trevo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was unable to find a PDF that isn't marked "sample", like this one...http://www.nucc.org/%5Cimages%5Cstories%5CPDF%5C1500_claim_form_2012_02.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

I remember from the last change that CMS holds this form extremely close.  Wouldn't this be public domain document since tax dollars are used to create it?

HHS seems to indicate that the last CMS-1500 change was in 2005:

IIRC, most state-level Medicare and Medicaid sites will tend to keep PDF copies hanging around, which is where I had originally grabbed the copy which is distributed with REMITT (I think -- may have gotten it from the CMS site, it has been a while).

Supposedly the HCFA-1500/CMS-1500 form was supposed to be phased out in favor of using X12 837P formatted electronic submission, at some point. If you think that it's odd that the CMS-1500 is held so close to the chest, try to lay your hands on the spec documents for X12 837P -- they're expensive and only available through private vendors. :(

Omar

May 22, 2014, 10:22:54 PM5/22/14
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff,

I've noticed that the latest version of REMITT doesn't have the new CMS-1500 form, is there a technical reason this can't be done?

Maybe if you give me some pointers I can implement it and send it back to you?

Thanks!

Omar

Jeff

May 27, 2014, 8:09:10 AM5/27/14
to FreeMED Support
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Omar <om...@carvajalonline.com> wrote:
Hey Jeff,

I've noticed that the latest version of REMITT doesn't have the new CMS-1500 form, is there a technical reason this can't be done?

Maybe if you give me some pointers I can implement it and send it back to you?

It has already been added to the repository.

The positioning *should* be the same. If there are any shifts in element positions or content, the XSL stylesheet for that form would have to be altered. If you see anything out of place, let me know, and I can either walk you through the changes or attempt to do it myself.

Omar

May 27, 2014, 2:07:46 PM5/27/14
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

I noticed that in the updated PDF, the squares for the X in segments 6, 10a - 10c are missing. These would appear in the previous version of the PDF.

I still have not run the claim to see how it comes out, but wanted to let you know of that minor difference I noticed.

Thanks again for your help.

Miguel