FreeMED Installation and Configuraton on Debian 6.0

volkerbradley

Jan 17, 2012, 6:25:58 AM1/17/12
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
These installation instructions are now available.
Click on the appropriate link at the FreeMED Support Group web page

ed.skees

Aug 24, 2013, 10:11:00 AM8/24/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Volker,

I attempted to follow the FreeMED v0.9.0 Installation and Configuration on Debian 6.0 procedure last night and here are my results so far:

1.  Using a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit image on VMware Fusion (iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM and 1 TB HD).
2.  During installation of FreeMED packages my system balked on the "apt-get install gs" - I assumed GhostScripts and used "apt-get install ghostscript"
3.  During the Building Translations for 0.9.x+ step the system failed to make.  As I looked through the folders I was not able to locate the dojo or gwt files.  While doing a "git status" I found some of them (as untracked) and installed them but the en_US files were not available.

I stopped after this since it was 2 am here in northern Virginia and I didn't want to pursue this further since it looked like I was exploring 0.9.x early.  Can you tell me when the 0.9 package is scheduled for release?  My interest is restricted to the 0.9.x release since I want to use the Java bindings.

Thanks
Ed Skees

Volker Bradley

Aug 24, 2013, 2:11:05 PM8/24/13
to FreeMED Support
Hi Ed,
I am just an interested former user of FreeMED in our medical office.  Unfortunately, I don't know Linux like you do and am not a programmer.
That being said, I know that Jeff is very interested in working with you.
If Jeff does not respond to this message, then I will contact him on your behalf on Monday. (I can't get hold of him on weekends).
You should not have to work so long to get FreeMED up and running.  I could never do it but Jeff has done it for me via ssh into my box.  Takes him just a few minutes.
Will email on Monday.
Volker

Edward Skees

Aug 24, 2013, 2:19:43 PM8/24/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Volker,

Sorry to have spammed you.  I blindly followed the thread.  My role in life is to help a team of cancer treatment folks automate their processes.  Currently the board of doctors and their research team take about 30-days to formulate a plan of treatment and we want to streamline that process through automation.  So this gives me an opportunity to work with some very caring and intelligent folks to do some good.

Having said that you find me in my first effort to capture and make their knowledge accessible.  And, the FreeMED product looks like it has potential.

Thank you for your time and considerations and now I've spammed you twice. :)
Ed Skess

Volker Bradley

Aug 24, 2013, 6:23:22 PM8/24/13
to FreeMED Support
I feel honored to hear from you.
At times Jeff is very busy and does not respond.  If that is the case, please contact me.
Jeff and I have been friends for 12 years.
Volker