Megan

Jun 10, 2014, 11:29:33 AM6/10/14
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone help me with loading a .txt file into Freemat? I've tried saving it as .csv in Excel and using csvread and tons of other things. It'll work fine if I can get it to work as a .txt file. I used load test.txt and it says "Error: unable to read data from file test.txt - it may be corrupt, or FreeMat may not understand the format.  See help load for more information.  The specific error was: filename test.txt could not be opened." I also tried dlmread('test.txt') and it just says the filename can't be opened. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks!

Timothy Cyders

Jun 10, 2014, 12:12:01 PM6/10/14
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Megan,

Can you attach an example of the text file you're trying to read? How is the data formatted in the file? We'll start there, and then we'll see if I can walk you through the rest.

Cheers,
TJ

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Megan <megan....@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone help me with loading a .txt file into Freemat? I've tried saving it as .csv in Excel and using csvread and tons of other things. It'll work fine if I can get it to work as a .txt file. I used load test.txt and it says "Error: unable to read data from file test.txt - it may be corrupt, or FreeMat may not understand the format.  See help load for more information.  The specific error was: filename test.txt could not be opened." I also tried dlmread('test.txt') and it just says the filename can't be opened. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks!

Megan

Jun 10, 2014, 3:40:59 PM6/10/14
to fre...@googlegroups.com
I figured it out! Problem with the directory. Thanks though!