Seattle Education Acccess

Lee Fisher

Mar 11, 2016, 7:21:17 PM3/11/16
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, Ashok Misra

FYI

- -------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [SeattleTech] Would you have a gently used laptop that you
would like to donate for a worthy cause?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 21:31:33 -0800
From: Ashok Misra <as...@alinaconsultants.com>
To: organize <Orga...@seattletechstartups.com>

Greetings ! **I know this is subject creep for this mailing list.

I have become connected recently with the SEA ( Seattle Education Access
http://www.seattleeducationaccess.org/about.php) , a no*t* for profit
group that assists marginalized youth and young adults in King County to
gain entry into colleges and completing degrees.

I am really impressed with their success in providing the marginalized
in our society here at home in King County with resources they need to
transition successfully to college, in order to finish their education,
leave poverty behind and contribute to society.

Not all college students have the resources to be successful. A laptop
is an essential tool required for college. Whereas SEA hs a good number
of donated desktops, they are not practical for students to use for
study and homework assignments. Thus a laptop is always appreciated.

Would you have a usable laptop that you could donate ? It will certainly
be appreciated and put to good use immediately. I can arrange and work
out the logistics for delivery to SEA. And yes, you could claim the
charitable tax write off for the donation as SEA is a no*t* for profit
organization. I will post this message to a couple of local mailing
lists, so pardon any dup messages.

Kind Regards

Ashok *

- --