Freedom Walk in Delhi??

Parin S.

Nov 8, 2009, 8:06:49 AM11/8/09
to freedomwalk
I am Parin Sharma a FOSS Lover and a member of IIT Delhi LUG well we
were thinking of organising a Freedom Walk in Delhi because the
awareness in the Northern part of the country about FOSS is very less
as compared to southern region so could you people help us in
organising such an event or come for the same Delhi??

Anoop John

Nov 8, 2009, 1:19:02 PM11/8/09
to freed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parin,

Nice to see somebody else taking this campaign up.

> were thinking of organising a Freedom Walk in Delhi because the

What is the basic plan that you have in mind about the proposed walk?

From where? To where? Distances? Timeline?

Most of the on the ground activities like programs, media interactions
and details like stay/food etc for the freedom walk that we had
organized in Kerala were organized at a distributed level because we
had reasonably good community support across Kerala. Zyxware acted as
the NOC for communications. The full walk was undertaken by 4 of us
while a lot of people joined us as the walk progressed through the
different districts.

Do you have volunteers who will be part of the walk from start to the finish?

We would definitely love to share our experiences and any
tips/suggestions with you for organizing your walk.

You could also use the site(freedomwalk.in) to post updates and
organize the walk if the idea gets off the ground.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Anoop John

http://www.zyxware.com
http://www.anoopjohn.com
http://www.thondomraughts.com
"Be the change you wish to see in the world", M. K. Gandhi

Parin Sharma

Nov 8, 2009, 1:49:19 PM11/8/09
to freed...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Anoop John <anoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Parin,

Nice to see somebody else taking this campaign up.

Actually I saw an article on your walk in LFY Dec. 08 2days back and I felt the idea is just awesome.
> were thinking of organising a Freedom Walk in Delhi because the

What is the basic plan that you have in mind about the proposed walk?
 Basic plan is to have around 200-300 FOSS enthusiasts gathered for one cause who start from one point and tell people about FOSS the power of Freedom.

From where? To where? Distances? Timeline?
 These things are yet to be decided............

Most of the on the ground activities like programs, media interactions
and details like stay/food etc for the freedom walk that we had
organized in Kerala were organized at a distributed level because we
had reasonably good community support across Kerala. Zyxware acted as
the NOC for communications. The full walk was undertaken by 4 of us
while a lot of people joined us as the walk progressed through the
different districts.

Do you have volunteers who will be part of the walk from start to the finish?
We too have a community i.e. IIT D Linux User Group  and their are a lot volunteers who will come up for this I hope.
We would definitely love to share our experiences and any
tips/suggestions with you for organizing your walk.

You could also use the site(freedomwalk.in) to post updates and
organize the walk if the idea gets off the ground.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Anoop John

http://www.zyxware.com
http://www.anoopjohn.com
http://www.thondomraughts.com
"Be the change you wish to see in the world", M. K. Gandhi

Thanks for all the information will contact you soon with more concrete details soon.

--
Parin Sharma
Another FOSS Lover,

Prasad SR