11/26 -- Syria: US occupation troops report rocket attacks on base; The Day Tony Fauci Lost His Memory

Thomas L. Knapp

Nov 26, 2022, 7:38:25 AM11/26/22
to Freedom News Daily
Freedom News Daily, 11/26/22
Presented by the Liberty International
https://liberty-intl.org/

Produced by the staff of Rational Review News Digest
https://news.rationalreview.com/

Today's Freedom News:

0)  Holiday Weekend Special Edition / Year-End Fundraiser Update
1)  Syria: US occupation troops report rocket attacks on base
2)  Scientist: Universal flu vaccine may be available within two years
3)  FL: Disgraced former president has fellow wingnuts over for dinner
4)  China: Beijing regime adds new COVID quarantine centers, sparking panic buying
5)  Musk says he will begin restoring previously banned Twitter accounts next week
6)  Pakistan: Regime names new army chief as strife with Imran Khan deepens

Today's Freedom Commentary:

7)  The Day Tony Fauci Lost His Memory
8)  Rumble Resists
9)  The Administrative State Can Put a Bug in Your Phone
10) The Case for Bringing Back Neckties (and Classical Liberalism)
11) The American Heritage of Freedom in the Liberal Arts
12) Hayek Was a True Liberal
13) The mystery of politics

Today's Freedom Podcast and Video:

14) Free Talk Live, 11/25/22
15) The Chris Spangle Show, 11/25/22
16) Fintech Beat, 11/24/22
17) Meme Wars, episode 3

vvvvv SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS vvvvv

SHOP ONLINE, GET A REBATE IN BITCOIN!
https://www.lolli.com/share/MZB4cCpheL

25 TEXAS HEROES, by TL and Helen Hulsey
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1947660535

THE WORLD'S EASIEST WAY TO INVEST IN BITCOIN
https://coinbitsapp.com/?ref=0RUAyB4cnVcKsaceTi2N

Tyranny Demands AN ACT OF SELF-DEFENSE: A NOVEL BY ERNE LEWIS
https://tinyurl.com/actofselfdefense

ONE IDENTITY FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO
https://fioprotocol.io/

^^^^^ SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS ^^^^^

_____ Today's Freedom News _____

0)  Holiday Weekend Special Edition / Year-End Fundraiser Update

The US Thanksgiving holiday weekend is long enough that we often put together one or more short "weekend special" editions instead of just taking the whole thing off. Today's is our second such edition this year, with six news stories, seven opinion pieces, and four audio/video links to tide you over until we resume our normal schedule on Monday.

A huge THANK YOU to long-time supporters RB and DJ, whose contributions totaling $200 have arrived so far this long weekend, bringing our year-end fundraiser total to $2,246!

Our goal is $5,150, but with a generous "matching funds" offer from supporter GL, we only have to raise $2,575 from the rest of you ... so we're just $329 short of closing this thing out and mostly shutting up about money until next October.

If you value the freedom movement's daily newspaper, please return some of the value you believe we've delivered to YOU to US as financial support and get us over the finish line by Monday at:

https://news.rationalreview.com/support-rrnd

We'll be back Monday with the regular email and social media editions. Have a safe, happy, and prosperous weekend!

Yours in liberty,
Tom Knapp
Publisher
Rational Review News Digest / Freedom News Daily

-----

1)  Syria: US occupation troops report rocket attacks on base
Source: Al Jazeera [Qatar state media]

"The United States military has reported two rocket attacks targeting its patrol base in northeastern Syria, but said there were no injuries to its forces. In a statement, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said the attacks 'targeted coalition forces' at its base in al-Shaddadi in Syria late on Friday. 'The attack resulted in no injuries or damage to the base of coalition property.' It did not say who was behind the rocket fire. The attacks come as tensions escalate on the Syria-Turkey border with the Turkish military launching a wave of deadly air raids on Kurdish forces in both Syria and Iraq in retaliation for a bombing in Istanbul on November 13." (11/26/22)

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/26/us-military-reports-rocket-attacks-on-base-in-syria

-----

2)  Scientist: Universal flu vaccine may be available within two years
Source: The Guardian [UK]

"A universal flu vaccine that protects against all strains of the virus could be available in the next two years, according to a leading scientist. An experimental vaccine based on the same mRNA technology used in the highly successful [sic] Covid jabs was found to protect mice and ferrets against severe influenza, paving the way for clinical trials in humans. Prof John Oxford, a virologist at Queen Mary University in London, who was not involved in the work, said the vaccine developed at the University of Pennsylvania could be ready for use the winter after next. ... Seasonal flu vaccines, which protect against up to four strains of the virus, are updated every year to ensure they are a good match for flu viruses in circulation. The new vaccine is designed to prime the immune system against all 20 subtypes of influenza A and B, potentially arming the body to tackle any flu virus that arises." (11/25/22)

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/nov/25/universal-flu-vaccine-may-be-available-within-two-years-says-scientist

-----

3)  FL: Disgraced former president has fellow wingnuts over for dinner
Source: Mercury News

"Former President Donald Trump hosted [w]hite nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and rapper Kanye West at his Mar-a-Lago estate this week, demonstrating his continued willingness to associate with figures who have well-publicized antisemitic views as he embarks on another White House run. West, who has legally changed his name to Ye, posted a video Thursday on Twitter in which he claimed that Trump 'is really impressed with Fuentes' .... West tweeted late Tuesday night that he had kept Trump waiting during his first visit to Mar-a-Lago due to rain and traffic. And Right Wing Watch, a project of the left-leaning group People for the American Way, posted Tuesday footage of West and Fuentes walking through the Miami airport together. That footage was included in the video West posted on Twitter." (11/25/22)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/11/25/trump-hosts-west-holocaust-denier-fuentes-at-mar-a-lago/

-----

4)  China: Beijing regime adds new COVID quarantine centers, sparking panic buying
Source: National Public Radio [US state media]

"Residents of China's capital were emptying supermarket shelves and overwhelming delivery apps Friday as the city government ordered accelerated construction of COVID-19 quarantine centers and field hospitals. Uncertainty and scattered, unconfirmed reports of a lockdown on at least some Beijing districts have fueled the demand for food and other supplies, something not seen in the city for months. Daily cases of COVID-19 across the country are hitting records, with 32,695 reported Friday. Of those, 1,860 were in Beijing, the majority of them asymptomatic. Improvised quarantine centers and field hospitals hastily thrown up in gymnasiums, exhibition centers and other large, open indoor spaces have become notorious for overcrowding, poor sanitation, scarce food supplies and lights that stay on 24 hours. Most residents of the city have already been advised not to leave their compounds, some of which are being fenced in." (11/25/22)

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/25/1139194979/beijing-adds-new-covid-quarantine-centers-sparking-panic-buying

-----

5)  Musk says he will begin restoring previously banned Twitter accounts next week
Source: CNN

"Elon Musk said Thursday that he will begin restoring most previously banned accounts on Twitter starting next week, in his most wide-reaching move yet to undo the social media platform's policy of permanently suspending users who repeatedly violated its rules. 'The people have spoken,' Musk tweeted on Thursday. 'Amnesty begins next week. Vox Populi, Vox Dei.' The announcement comes after Musk on Wednesday polled his followers about whether to offer 'general amnesty to suspended accounts, provided that they have not broken the law or engaged in egregious spam.' The poll, which closed around 12:45 pm ET on Thursday, finished with 72.4% voting in favor of the proposition and 27.6% voting against. The poll garnered more than 3 million votes on Twitter." (11/24/22)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/24/tech/elon-musk-amnesty-poll/index.html

-----

6)  Pakistan: Regime names new army chief as strife with Imran Khan deepens
Source: Finger Lakes Times

"Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif named General Asim Munir as Pakistan's next army chief, a choice that could harden former premier Imran Khan's opposition to the government and stoke his high-stakes clash with the military. Khan, who as prime minister had removed Munir from the role of intelligence chief, would see the appointment as a possible obstacle to his attempt to force early elections. Khan had instead been seeking a snap poll that would allow the new government -- presumably led by his party -- to choose the army chief. The appointment is important because the institution wields outsize influence over the country's politics, having directly ruled the nuclear-armed nation for about half of its history since its creation in 1947." (11/24/22)

https://www.fltimes.com/news/nation/pakistan-names-new-army-chief-as-strife-with-imran-khan-deepens/article_dd1bf11b-fe24-5f60-9a7b-0643b6ead830.html

_____ Today's Freedom Commentary _____

7)  The Day Tony Fauci Lost His Memory
Source: JimBovard.com
by James Bovard

"No American has been more revered by the media in the COVID era than Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Since early 2020, TV and print profiles have deluged Fauci with endless adulation, spurring the sale of Fauci votive candles, Fauci bobbleheads and #trustFauci Twitter hashtags. But Wednesday, Fauci's mind vanished. Or at least that's what he claimed. ... Fauci was deposed on Wednesday by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry. Landry labeled Fauci the 'man who single-handedly wrecked the US economy based upon 'the science, follow the science.'' But 'over the course of seven hours, we discovered that he can't recall practically anything dealing with his COVID response,' Landry said. ... How many lies did Fauci tell on Wednesday? The transcript has not been released, but a few 'pants on fire' snippets have come out." (11/25/22)

https://jimbovard.com/blog/2022/11/25/new-york-post-the-day-tony-fauci-lost-his-memory/

-----

8)  Rumble Resists
Source: Common Sense
by Paul Jacob

"In a world of almost universal assaults on freedom of speech, it is heartening when an avowed defender of it refuses to relent under pressure. Rumble's reason for being is to help people 'control the value of their own creations.' The company creates 'technologies that are immune to cancel culture.' Their mission is 'to protect a free and open internet.' A mission statement is one thing. Abiding by it in the face of major opposition is another. But Rumble has just told the French government to get lost for demanding that it deplatform certain sources of Russian news." (11/25/22)

https://thisiscommonsense.org/2022/11/25/rumble-resists/

-----

9)  The Administrative State Can Put a Bug in Your Phone
Source: RealClearPolitics
by Debra Saunders

"In the age of cellphones and the internet, consumers often face a simple choice: convenience or privacy? Do we let Big Tech have access to our private communications and free email accounts because it's so easy? Once you've said yes -- and who among us has not? -- it's not a stretch to think that Big Data already has almost all your information, so why get picky at the next juncture? Add COVID to the mix, and -- presto -- there's a health component as well. Big Tech can use contact-tracing apps to monitor contacts with COVID-positive individuals. Which opens the door to a role for Big Government." (11/24/22)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/11/24/the_administrative_state_can_put_a_bug_in_your_phone_148515.html

-----

10) The Case for Bringing Back Neckties (and Classical Liberalism)
Source: Foundation for Economic Education
by Bruce Rottman

"I have to confess an admiration for ties, particularly older 'skinny' neckties that are as old as I am. Why, generally without fail, do I always wear ties when I teach? Not on Saturday, never at the beach, rarely at dinner, but yes, always at school? Not because my boss wants or requires me to wear a tie. It's really something entirely different. I think it connects to my love of liberalism." (11/24/22)

https://fee.org/articles/the-case-for-bringing-back-neckties-and-classical-liberalism/

-----

11) The American Heritage of Freedom in the Liberal Arts
Source: Law & Liberty
by Paul Moreno

"Freedom is a complicated idea. Since we can talk about liberty in the positive and the negative, it's also a contradictory idea. In our time, liberty has meant the ability or the power to participate in government as well as the freedom to be left alone from government. In another way, the words 'liberty' and 'freedom' have both normative and descriptive connotations. There's a sense in which freedom is a condition -- it's just the way things are. In a larger sense, however, freedom is also a normative idea of the way that things ought to be. It's perhaps for this reason, above all, that liberty has such an integral relationship to the liberal arts." (11/25/22)

https://lawliberty.org/the-american-heritage-of-freedom-in-the-liberal-arts/

-----

12) Hayek Was a True Liberal
Source: Reason
by Deirdre Nansen McCloskey

"Too many on the left think of the Nobel Prize-winning economist Friedrich Hayek as 'conservative,' or at best 'neoliberal.' But Hayek was no conservative. He was a liberal, no 'neo' about it. A new biography, Hayek: A Life, by the historians of economic thought Bruce Caldwell and Hansjorg Klausinger, tells the story of his first five decades in 824 pages of mind-stunning detail. ... Hayek and the Austrian School are liberal, in a modern world lurching between the fatal conceits of left and right. On the left nowadays Acemoglu and James Robinson, and more radically Thomas Piketty and Mariana Mazzucato, recommend a bigger and bigger state. They promise it will be a very nice one, you understand. On the right Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin recommend a bigger and bigger state. They make no such promises about niceness." (11/25/22)

https://reason.com/2022/11/25/hayek-was-a-true-liberal/

-----

13) The mystery of politics
Source: EconLog
by Scott Sumner

"Why do people vote for bad candidates? In some cases, they may be electing the lesser of evils. But there are many instances where voters clearly prefer bad politicians. In a recent article on the political situation in Argentina, the Financial Times makes this observation: "A year ago Larreta was well out front as the opposition candidate,' Germano said. But while praised for efficient management of Buenos Aires, critics say Larreta lacks charisma and struggles to connect with ordinary Argentines.' I rarely see 'charisma' cited as an important attribute for politicians in places like Switzerland, Denmark or Singapore. It does seem to be important in places like Argentina, Brazil and the Philippines. Why? Shouldn't voters prefer boring but honest technocrats that will tirelessly work in the public interest? Why the attraction to 'lovable rogues?'" (11/24/22)

https://www.econlib.org/the-mystery-of-politics/

_____ Today's Freedom Podcast and Video _____

14) Free Talk Live, 11/25/22
Source: Free Talk Live

"Police Requesting Deadly Force Authorization for Robots :: New Hampshire Liberty Alliance :: BEARCAT :: Massive Chinese Lockdowns :: San Bernardino County Votes to Secede? :: Oregon Counties Vote to Join Idaho? :: 2022-11-25 Ian, Chris W., Nobody." (11/25/22)

https://odysee.com/@FreeTalkLive:d/2022-11-25:34

-----

15) The Chris Spangle Show, 11/25/22
Source: We Are Libertarians

"The FTX Scandal and Elon Musk's Future with Twitter." (11/25/22)

https://www.chrisspangle.com/p/the-ftx-scandal-and-elon-musks-future

-----

16) Fintech Beat, 11/24/22
Source: Fintech Beat

"Thanksgiving Replay: European Parliament Vice President Eva Kaili and EU's Peter Kerstens on MICA." (11/24/22)

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/FISCAL9259252308.mp3

-----

17) Meme Wars, episode 3
Source: Source: Lions of Liberty

"Animal Aggression." (11/25/22)

https://www.lionsofliberty.com/episodes/meme-wars-ep-3-animal-aggression

Support the Liberty International (tax deductible)
https://liberty-intl.org/join-the-movement/