UCIS users?

dder...@xtreme-eda.com

Jul 7, 2017, 12:21:03 PM7/7/17
to Freecellera
Hi all. I've been looking into the UCIS specification, the data interchange format used for coverage metrics.  The UCIS document is publicly available at http://accellera.org/images/downloads/standards/ucis/UCIS_Version_1.0_Final_June-2012.pdf but it has a lot of copyright restrictions on it and no open-source license on the schema.

It looks like this spec has existed unchanged since version 1 in 2012.  Just testing the waters, but I'm interested to know if there are other people using the UCIS standard, and if there's any interest in getting more of an open-source approach going with respect to the data interchange format.

cheers!
Darren

dder...@xtreme-eda.com

Aug 2, 2017, 11:05:53 AM8/2/17
to Freecellera
Ok, evidently not a lot of interest in UCIS but fwiw I posted several issues on Accellera's internal issue tracking system regarding the UCIS specification.  One of the issues is that the spec would benefit from living in a repo where people could open pull requests.  I'm guessing that's unlikely to happen at Accellera.  If anyone in the Freecellera community is interested in trying to do more of an open-source version of a data-interchange format specification, feel free to send me a note. I'd be interested to at least exchange ideas.

Darren

Erik Jessen

Aug 2, 2017, 11:12:44 AM8/2/17
to dder...@xtreme-eda.com, Freecellera
There's a saying about software and documentation: "If it's not being changed or having bugs filed against it, nobody is using it".