My proposal would be:
- choose boss(es) that handle reviewing and pulling
- open a Git issue on our repo for the Mantis item before doing any work
* naturally, check that no one else is working on the same item by doing a search beforehand
- I like the idea of the "fork and pull" model, where everyone is allowed to push changes to their own private fork and the boss can then pull the changes into the repository. The steps for this approach would be the following:
* fork the repository
* make changes - including unit tests!!!
* commit changes
* push changes to own fork
* make pull request on main repository
- once a pull request comes, the boss reviews it
* does it come with tests? are the tests good enough?
* code review?
- if a pull request is successful the boss pulls it to the branch uvm_bug_blitz0 (or 1 :D)
* the boss also closes the issue associated with the fix
- we celebrate
These are my thoughts. I'm looking forward to your opinions.