I have not abandonded you

Bryan Murdock

Apr 8, 2015, 12:23:13 AM4/8/15
to freecellera
The subject doesn't look very truthful at the moment. We had some
excitement and momentum there for a bit, Freecellera People, but it
seems that not much has been going on here lately. Being somewhat
naturally self conscious, I'm noticing a correlation between my
absence from the mailing list and the overall lack of activity here.
I'm sorry. I can't promise that I'll be more consistent going
forward, unfortunately, but I'll do what I can. I hope nobody feels
like they need to wait for me to make suggestions or take action.

Where are we on the Bug Blitz? I've noticed a little activity on
github from Neil and Tudor. I think for me it would work best if we
picked a date a few weeks out (so it gets on my calendar before anyone
else can put something there) and then I can just make it happen. If
it ends up being only Neil, Tudor, and I then I suggest we find
something that we all find a little more exciting for our next
endeavor. I know UVM seems like a very practical things to do, but
maybe boring and practical should be left to that other group who's
name rhymes with ours and we should go with innovative, exciting,
and/or fun next :-)

Bryan

Erik Jessen

Apr 8, 2015, 12:32:27 AM4/8/15
to Bryan Murdock, freecellera
I hit a problem with git, then had a question regarding what simulator to use.
As I understand it, the one that was suggested was only free for 30 days.

I'm on Win 8.1, and I don't normally use git, and work about 10 hours/day I don't have huge amounts of time to climb the learning curve.
Something very canned would be helpful on the steps - so often when you've been doing it for years, it's easy to forget that people don't "just know" the steps.

Erik

Bryan