Errors building todays TeXLive ports

Jan Henrik Sylvester

Nov 29, 2011, 3:42:50 PM11/29/11
to TeXLive FreeBSD
Today, I build texlive-scheme-full and some other ports.

print/texlive-pageslts and print/texlive-luaindex referenced by
texlive-scheme-full do not exist.

texlive-collection-latexextra and texlive-xwatermark have wrong checksums.

texlive-swimgraf references a file in distinfo that does not exist on
any mirror.

Are these errors temporary or is there a need to fix them. At least
swimgraf was already broken 2.5 month ago.

I have not really understood how the ports are generated -- you do not
do them by hand, do you? Hence, no patches, yet. Maybe, you can give me
some hints.

BTW: I always thought that texlive-scheme-full is everything, but there
are quite a few ports not installed -- and not only metaports. Is that
intended?

Cheers,
Jan Henrik

Romain Tartière

Nov 30, 2011, 5:45:57 AM11/30/11
to Jan Henrik Sylvester, TeXLive FreeBSD
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 09:42:50PM +0100, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> Today, I build texlive-scheme-full and some other ports.
>
> print/texlive-pageslts and print/texlive-luaindex referenced by
> texlive-scheme-full do not exist.

Meh. I can see them in the repo:
http://freebsd-texlive.googlecode.com/svn/branches/releng/print/texlive-pageslts/
http://freebsd-texlive.googlecode.com/svn/branches/releng/print/texlive-luaindex/

But they indeed appear in the MOVED file:
http://freebsd-texlive.googlecode.com/svn/branches/releng/MOVED

I'll have a look to fix the script that updates this file.

> texlive-collection-latexextra and texlive-xwatermark have wrong checksums.

TeXLive distfiles are not versionned. When a package is updated, the
tarball is rerolled and so the ports system complains about checksum
mismatches. This two ports have been updated a few hours ago:
http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/source/detail?r=551

> texlive-swimgraf references a file in distinfo that does not exist on
> any mirror.
>
> Are these errors temporary or is there a need to fix them. At least
> swimgraf was already broken 2.5 month ago.

This looks like an artefact of TeXLive 2009 that should be removed.
I'll have a look to see if this can be done at the update script level
or if I have to do it manually.

> I have not really understood how the ports are generated -- you do not
> do them by hand, do you? Hence, no patches, yet. Maybe, you can give me
> some hints.

I have a FreeBSD jail that daily mirrors the TeXLive archive, then a
program generates ports for all packages, compares them to the existing
ports, and if some difference is found, update the port.

For more information, or if you are curious, you can check the "Generate
the ports yourself" section of this page:
http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/wiki/Installing

> BTW: I always thought that texlive-scheme-full is everything, but there
> are quite a few ports not installed -- and not only metaports. Is that
> intended?

I though the same but never checked.

--
Romain Tartière <rom...@blogreen.org> http://romain.blogreen.org/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59 80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)