Script to upgrade the portshaker ports overlay

Johannes J. Meixner

Jul 28, 2012, 9:52:17 AM7/28/12
to freebsd...@googlegroups.com
Hi, after following the instructions on the Install page I found that I needed a little script in order to automate the `make makesum` of every texlive-* port.

Here it is:

#!/bin/sh
for i in $(ls /usr/ports/print/texlive-* | grep : | sed -E 's/:/\//')
do cd $i; make makesum ;
done

Regards, Johannes

Romain Tartière

Aug 1, 2012, 7:41:20 AM8/1/12
to freebsd...@googlegroups.com
Hi
You can define NO_CHECKSUM to avoid the checksums from being checked.

FYI, I am currently on vacation and since TeXLive 2012 was released
after I left, the TeXLive ports are not updated every night as the used
to.

The initial plan was that when I am back in the beginning of September,
I would have:
1. updated print/texlive-core to use TeXLive 2012;
2. enabled-back the TeXLive ports updating scripts;
3. updated the ports architecture to cope with a mirror providing
the TeXLive distfiles with a version number in their names;
4. see how this can integrate into the FreeBSD ports tree.

However, 1 and 2 can go more quickly, the main issue is that I am not
able to efficiently test the updated port ATM, so I preferred to wait
instead of committing broken stuff. But because the way TeXLive
distfiles are updated in place, being out of sync sucks (at least, while
we do not have a mirror with renamed distfiles). So, I'll do my best to
update print/texlive-core ASAP. I'll let you know when it's done.

Then I will restart the jail that updates all other print/texlive-*
ports and everything should be as before the TeXLive 2012 freeze.

Romain

Romain Tartière

Aug 2, 2012, 11:46:58 AM8/2/12
On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 01:41:20PM +0200, Romain Tarti�re wrote:
> So, I'll do my best to update print/texlive-core ASAP. I'll let you
> know when it's done.
Done.

--
Romain Tarti�re <rom...@blogreen.org> http://romain.blogreen.org/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59 80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)