[Freebase-discuss] MQL-to-SQL: querying your RDBMS with MQL

Roland Bouman

May 14, 2010, 11:00:25 AM5/14/10
to freebase...@freebase.com
Hi All,

I have an initial implementation of a mqlread webservice that lets you
query a RDBMS using MQL.
The code is available under a LGPL license and is hosted here on
google code: http://code.google.com/p/mql-to-sql/
>From the project home page, you can find the code (currently a PHP
script), and links to an online demo, as well as a bunch of sample
queries.

The main reason I'm writing to the list now is to sollicit feedback.

In my job, I often have to create AJAX applications that work with a RDBMS.
I think MQL is an excellent language for data access, better than the
special purpose data services I usually end up writing.
I'm wondering if other people feel the same, and if they would be
interested in giving me feedback on this project (negative or
positive).

Currently the code is just a proof of concept, but if there are other
people interested, I'd like to see if we can work together to develop
MQL-on-RDBMS implementations for general purpose AJAX programming.

thanks in advance, and kind regards.

--
Roland Bouman
blog: http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/

Sreehari Govind

Jun 19, 2015, 3:28:26 AM6/19/15
to freebase...@googlegroups.com, roland...@gmail.com, freebase...@freebase.com
Hi Roland,

I read your blog and liked the concept of using MQL for RDBMS.(MQL-to-SQL blog)
I (think) have successfully completed the steps in the "Getting Started guide" mentioned in the link provided by you.

I have deployed "mql-to-sql-read-only" folder in the Apache server.
I am using "../mql-to-sql-read-only/mqlread/mql-to-sql-query-editor.php" in the browser and successfully getting the editor page.

When I run the below MQL query, I get the following error.
Query :
[{
  "type": "/sakila/film",
  "film_id": null,
  "title": null
}]
Error:
ReferenceError: YAHOO is not defined

Am using:
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.9 (cli)
Apache2 webserver

I am not sure if this is version/configuration issue or something else.

Any help towards resolving this error will be greatly helpful. Any leads or direction is also appreciated.

ljuanan...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 3:24:25 PM2/19/16
to Freebase Discuss, freebase...@freebase.com, roland...@gmail.com

ljuanan...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 3:26:17 PM2/19/16
to Freebase Discuss, freebase...@freebase.com, roland...@gmail.com

ljuanan...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 3:28:14 PM2/19/16
to Freebase Discuss, freebase...@freebase.com, roland...@gmail.com
El viernes, 14 de mayo de 2010, 10:00:25 (UTC-5), Roland Bouman escribió:
yo no entiendo que es lo que quires explica para entenderte