Freebase Information

Grace Massa Langlois

Apr 28, 2015, 12:33:25 PM4/28/15
to freebase...@googlegroups.com
Good Afternoon,

Will all Freebase information be automatically transferred to Wiki? If yes, will all the information be transferred at once or gradually? If some information in Freebase is incorrect (and Google is extracting the incorrect information and displaying it in the KG) is there a way to make changes to that piece of information or must the edit wait until after the information has been transferred to Wiki?

Thank you

Grace

Jason Douglas

Apr 28, 2015, 4:52:37 PM4/28/15
to freebase...@googlegroups.com
Freebase data will be contributed to the Primary Sources tool and it's up to the WikiData community to take it from there, so in short, not everything will make it to WikiData.

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Primary_sources_tool

-jason

Tom Morris

Apr 28, 2015, 5:28:57 PM4/28/15
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM, 'Jason Douglas' via Freebase Discuss <freebase...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Freebase data will be contributed to the Primary Sources tool and it's up to the WikiData community to take it from there, so in short, not everything will make it to WikiData.

Based on statements by the former Wikidata project leader (now a Google employee), I'm not counting on much making it at all.

16:51:09 <dennyvrandecic> so, in short, Freebase will not add that incredibly much to Wikidata as it is generally assumed
It would be interesting to see some actual numerical estimates for how much of Freebase is already covered, how much this coverage will increase by the end of the import process, etc.  I'm sure Google must have done this analysis by now.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Grace Massa Langlois <gracess...@gmail.com> wrote:
If some information in Freebase is incorrect (and Google is extracting the incorrect information and displaying it in the KG) is there a way to make changes to that piece of information or must the edit wait until after the information has been transferred to Wiki?
This seems to make the assumption that editing something in Wikidata will automatically cause a change in the Google Knowledge Graph, similar to the way it (mostly) worked with Freebase.  I haven't heard anyone say that.  As a matter of fact, in the same IRC session as above, Denny explicitly said the opposite -- that Wikidata will just be one signal among many, not on par with Freebase.
Tom

Spencer Kelly

Apr 28, 2015, 6:18:19 PM4/28/15
to freebase...@googlegroups.com
+1. I'm not affiliated with either organisation, but from what I've been reading far less than 1% of freebase will be imported.
At one click a second, that import tool would take 93 years to import freebase.
Things are very dark, and the misunderstandings enormous.