SRTM30_PLUS: new global shaded-relief maps available

info@geosage

Apr 21, 2009, 9:54:49 AM4/21/09
to Free GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
-- Sorry for cross posting --

Do you wish to visualise seismic faults, coastal fluvial plains or sea
floors more readily and vividly?

In a recent exercise to generate a series of seamless, near-global
shaded-relief maps using the 90m-resolution SRTM data, we have also
produced a couple of shaded-relief maps for the popular 1km-resolution
SRTM30_PLUS data (to represent sea floor heights, we employed a
cartographic style similar to that in Google Earth or Google Maps).

1. SRTM30_PLUS data from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography
http://topex.ucsd.edu/WWW_html/srtm30_plus.html

2. SRTM30_PLUS new shaded-relief maps from GeoSage, download website
http://www.geosage.com/highview/dataproducts_srtm.html#srtm30_plus_hillshading

Size: 43,200 x 21,600 pixels
Resolution: 30-arc-second (or 1km-resolution)
Format: GIS-ready JPEG2000 format
Projection: Lat/long, WGS84

Hope you will find the information useful.