PRGM test to check whether in 4STK or NSTK mode?

spiff72

Sep 21, 2023, 5:12:29 PM9/21/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Is there a way within a program to check whether the calculator is in 4STK or NSTK mode?

I am playing around with some simple programs and I think it would be helpful to be able to change the way the program functions based on the 4STK/NSTK toggle.

Thomas Okken

Sep 21, 2023, 5:21:28 PM9/21/23
to Free42 & Plus42

spiff72

Sep 22, 2023, 6:59:13 AM9/22/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Perfect - thanks!  I checked that page and I must have been looking for "NSTK" in my mind instead of "Big Stack".

MickM

Sep 25, 2023, 11:40:39 AM9/25/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Just to put a cherry on top of this, would it be possible to add the capability to map a new annunciator in the gif and layout files to a FLAG setting? I've often thought of fully converting myself to NSTK but it would be a nice touch to have a visual cue to confirm I'm in that mode.

Thomas Okken

Sep 25, 2023, 5:37:00 PM9/25/23
to Free42 & Plus42
You can tell you're in NSTK mode because the X register is labeled 1: instead of X:. No annunciator necessary. I will die on that hill. :-)

MickM

Sep 25, 2023, 6:14:27 PM9/25/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Oh - that's perfect then. I've never used the bigger stack before and didn't know that numbering nomenclature was in effect. It's actually kind of intuitive :-).