Any port of Plus42 on the SwissMicros DM42?

Yann Cardon

Sep 10, 2023, 7:17:44 AM9/10/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Hello Thomas, and thank you for your marvellous work!

Do you have any plan for a port of Plus42 to the DM42 hardware. I'd be glad to pay a licence for it :)

Thomas Okken

Sep 10, 2023, 8:27:46 AM9/10/23
to Free42 & Plus42
I would love to see Plus42 running on the DM42 platform. However, I am reluctant to invest the time to become familiar with the process of developing for the platform. I could see myself cooperating with someone who is comfortable with app development on the DM42, but I'm not going to take the lead on such a project.

spiff72

Sep 10, 2023, 4:49:14 PM9/10/23
to Free42 & Plus42
I would use the "heck" out of Plus42 on my DM42, but it would probably be a challenge to adapt to the keyboard.  You would need another row of keys unless that extra row could be built into the softkeys?

Thomas Okken

Sep 10, 2023, 5:01:50 PM9/10/23
to Free42 & Plus42
The missing row of keys would be a minus, but I designed Plus42 to be usable even with the 37-key HP-42S keyboard layout. You can get an idea of how Plus42 would work on the DM42, by loading the DM42 skin in Plus42.

spiff72

Sep 11, 2023, 8:23:51 AM9/11/23
to Free42 & Plus42
I'm probably missing something, but I can't seem to find a DM42 skin through the links or skin downloader (on either iOS or the PC application)?

Thomas Okken

Sep 11, 2023, 8:29:23 AM9/11/23
to Free42 & Plus42
It's in the Free42 skins collection: https://thomasokken.com/free42/skins/
In the skin loader in the Android, iOS, and MacOS versions, you can reach the Free42 easily using the "Free42 Skins" link at the top.

spiff72

Sep 11, 2023, 9:49:21 AM9/11/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Ah - I see now.  I was looking in the Plus42 section...

Tim Gray

Sep 15, 2023, 5:40:45 PM9/15/23
to Free42 & Plus42
I too would love this.  I use my DM42 and Plus42 on my phone daily.  Having them in sync would be incredible.

Hugo Cervantes

Sep 25, 2023, 6:01:14 PM9/25/23
to Free42 & Plus42
Same for me. I use my DM42, and Plus42 on my iPhone, everyday. I would love having the same PLus42 interface/functionality on both, even with the missing row of keys!

Juergen Gross

Nov 7, 2023, 9:40:20 AM11/7/23
to Free42 & Plus42

I am using DM42 and HP32 mostly daily. Upon the nice keypad the HP32 more.
However, the free42plus features on DM42 would be more practicabe using.
The additional row could be selected by the shifted arrow keys (BST&SST).
As the DM42 has some price, extra licence cost looks more than fair and o.k.