Final Night

Nuncio

Sep 13, 2014, 12:50:53 PM9/13/14
So it's over.

Gary's final interviews with Emma and Rylan were - as expected -
entertaining but not exactly coherent. Regardless of the question
he answers with a stream of consciousness.

Stephanie really was jealous of George and Edele. I didn't believe it
until she started tossing insults at them on BOTS. I'm sure she made sure
he knew it was a friendship *only* and didn't even hug him when she left.
So I am baffled about that. George is the most unlikely "love rat" in history.

James was his usual gracious self to the last. So not very. Couldn't resist
having a pop at Gary even now it's over and Gary has won.

Quite a weak finale on BBOTS this time. No joint sing-song at the end. Just
Jane McDonald. I thought Leslie did a better job at the start!

So Emma and Rylan can now climb back into their cupboards until we need to get
them back out for the January CBB.

Izzard

Sep 16, 2014, 6:55:10 AM9/16/14

"Nuncio" wrote in message
Jane McDonald!! I thought they were having a bit of a laugh until the real
finale.

Peter Duncanson

Sep 16, 2014, 8:53:41 AM9/16/14
On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:50:53 +0100, Nuncio <metric...@tesco.net>
wrote:

>Gary's final interviews with Emma and Rylan were - as expected -
>entertaining but not exactly coherent. Regardless of the question
>he answers with a stream of consciousness.

Yes.

Normally a newbie presenter like Rylan could be expected to struggle a
bit when interviewing a major movie star. However in the case of Gary
the successful interviewing technique is:

1. Look at Gary and catch his eye.

2. Say anything. A grunt will probably do.

3. Gary will speak ceaselessly.

4. When time is up, thank Gary and introduce the next part of the show.

If you want genuine answers to genuine questions you would need to have
a conversation lasting hours or even days,

--
Peter Duncanson, UK

Nuncio

Sep 16, 2014, 5:33:05 PM9/16/14
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:53:41 +0100, Peter Duncanson <ma...@peterduncanson.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:50:53 +0100, Nuncio <metric...@tesco.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Gary's final interviews with Emma and Rylan were - as expected -
>>entertaining but not exactly coherent. Regardless of the question
>>he answers with a stream of consciousness.
>
>Yes.
>
>Normally a newbie presenter like Rylan could be expected to struggle a
>bit when interviewing a major movie star. However in the case of Gary
>the successful interviewing technique is:
>
>1. Look at Gary and catch his eye.
>
>2. Say anything. A grunt will probably do.
>
>3. Gary will speak ceaselessly.

When you get lost in your imaginatory vagueness your foresight becomes
a nimble vagrant.

>4. When time is up, thank Gary and introduce the next part of the show.
>
>If you want genuine answers to genuine questions you would need to have
>a conversation lasting hours or even days,

I fully understand now why Stephanie shouted at him during the nominations.
It's partly the drivel that comes out of him continuously and it is partly
because it really doesn't matter if you are rude to him or not. It all
washes over him!

Nuncio

Sep 16, 2014, 5:35:45 PM9/16/14
It would be better if they really emphasised that it is supposed to be
self-mockingly bad by using Jeff (the transvestite) to sing them out.