Are the live audience cheers and boos really spontaneous?

co...@ca.inter.net

Sep 5, 2014, 8:14:37 PM9/5/14
A couple of times lately the studio audience have booed nominees who were saved, and cheered nominees who were evicted. Got me wondering if maybe they're being told how to respond.

Nuncio

Sep 5, 2014, 8:30:09 PM9/5/14
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 17:14:37 -0700 (PDT), co...@ca.inter.net wrote:

>A couple of times lately the studio audience have booed nominees who were saved, and cheered nominees who were evicted. Got me wondering if maybe they're being told how to respond.

Don't know if they are told which way to go, but they are definitely encouraged
to cheer their favourites and boo their non-favourites.

Personally I don't see any point not cheering an evictee when they come out
but someone has decided it is pantomime time now and so they get
booed as if they were the King Rat in Dick Whittington.