I'm Looking For Old Street Maps of Manchester

Peter D

May 27, 2008, 1:47:55 PM5/27/08
Greeting from Canada. :-)
Hopefully, I've found the right group to post this request in. If I haven't,
please let me know where would be a better place.

I used to live in Gorton, and have some old photos of Gorton prior to
mid-60s. Most are of the area N of what was Gorton Cross St to Cambert Ln
and Gorton Ln. Much of this area was demolished and rebuilt with different
street names. An old A-Z street map of the area would be perfect for
figuring out the old streets and their intersections. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

MrBlueSkye

May 27, 2008, 7:32:28 PM5/27/08

"Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message

Some photos here for Gorton, and Manchester in general:
http://www.images.manchester.gov.uk/

MBS

Peter D

May 27, 2008, 8:28:01 PM5/27/08
"MrBlueSkye" <apb...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
>> Greeting from Canada. :-)
>> Hopefully, I've found the right group to post this request in. If I
>> haven't, please let me know where would be a better place.
>>
>> I used to live in Gorton, and have some old photos of Gorton prior to
>> mid-60s. Most are of the area N of what was Gorton Cross St to Cambert Ln
>> and Gorton Ln. Much of this area was demolished and rebuilt with
>> different street names. An old A-Z street map of the area would be
>> perfect for figuring out the old streets and their intersections. Can
>> anyone help? Thanks.
>
> Some photos here for Gorton, and Manchester in general:
> http://www.images.manchester.gov.uk/

Thanks. I know aobut the Local Image Collection (highly recommended), but I
need maps not photos.

mogga

May 28, 2008, 4:29:06 AM5/28/08

Robert Marshall

May 28, 2008, 2:15:13 PM5/28/08

There was a 1900'ish ordnance survey map of Manchester with Saturday's
Guardian but unfortunately they don't have street names

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/

Hugo Nebula

Jun 1, 2008, 6:15:23 AM6/1/08
On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:47:55 -0500, a particular chimpanzee, "Peter D"
<please@.sk> randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

peter...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 10:38:41 AM9/27/17