Overcrowded Ipswich.

Peter Turtill

Jul 19, 2012, 10:51:05 AM7/19/12
I am in my 70th year of living here. My family have been here for over
1,000 years. I take great interest in what happens here especially as
many know, about our traditional living arrangements.
I consider everything was fine here until about 25 years ago when
newcomers moved here to run the town. That, in my opinion was when
things started to go downhill. I belong to a number of local
organisations concerned with the town and I am baffled by many of them
although I admit they are usually headed by people who were not of
Ipswich and seem to believe their opinion is a way of social climbing.
My latest magazine is full of how Ipswich has to be bigger and must
keep growing. I am old and I do not understand why this little town
has to be made bigger. Surely if folks want to live in a bigger town
they should not have moved here in the first place. More and more talk
about the docks (now called the waterfront) and about the shopping on
offer in the town centre not being enough!
I would be interested to hear what others think about this and e-mail
is acceptable if you wish to avoid troll attacks. On the last point I
will not be replying to anyone with a silly name if they are not known
to me. They go straight into my kill file as usual.

pete